a novice,

rghm1u20 said:
What kind of pains? Of course, if you can talk about.
I wonder if works for back pains...
Sure. No problem. I have 2 sources of chronic pain, neuropathy -- in my case, nerves that frequently transmit pain signals for no sensible reason ( both feet )... and a mild to moderate case of osteo-arthritis in my neck vertebrae. Both are benefitted by Capsicum.

I have no medical qualifications, and i think you should talk to a Doctor before consuming "super-hot"peppers. Even the relatively weak habanero , as a poultice, gave one friend a rash for several days.

I can't give medical advice. On the other hand, if you eat a pepper-spiced meal, and your back hurts a bit less, try a spicier meal next time. Try different types of peppers -- and different species.

My experiences indicated that Capsicum chinense and hotter peppers are better than C. annuum or milder peppers, so i ordered the hottest C. chinense seeds available. You should experiment -- your health and needs may be different. As yet, i am very new to this.

Welcome from California :cool:   :welcome:

i knew that studies have said that peppers are linked to a low rate of intestinal and colon cancer in Mexico and now your testimony about pain, Kwel, i learned a new tid-bit! ThanX! 

I am eating hot peppers "by default", no need to consult a doctor, just to find the upper limit. So far didn't ate super-hots, cause had no such one (hottest was the orange habanero). This year I have some hotter, and will try to pay attention if is any connection between eating them and the pains (however I have no permanent pains).

sp33d said:
Welcome to THP...that's awesome to hear that capsicum has given you pain relief...I have been doing some research into capsicum as an analgesic ....it could be a miracle drug..:)
In post #17 on this thread, i described using the oil-solvency and absorbency (hygroscopy) of peanut butter to temporarily bind or "trap" capsaicin, as a crude 'timed release' agent. I've also tried freezing quartered habeneros, or small morsels of ghost pepper: the plant tissue's nigh-liquified from ice-crystallization rupturing cells... if you chew it before it even thaws, you get a much faster-acting dose. Downside: greater risk of heartburn. I tried this a few times -- i think 3 times -- with ghost pepper. No heartburn.

I suspect optimal benefits -- for at least some people -- may be species-dependent. Note that some websites suggest that (for example) Capsicum pubescens has a significantly different capsaicinoid profile. I've only been exposed to C. annuum, C. chinense, and C. fruticosa. I also suspect that C. baccata would offer further opportunities for research.

Just a couple of thoughts i thought i'd share. Right now, i've got a lot to learn. I'd be fascinated by any research you'd share on capsacin as an analgesic

I found here a hydro-alcoholic solution of hot pepper, for sure is made from C. annuum. I have used this for my scalp (against something like dandruff). Never used against pains, but could work. As you say, it could be different type of pepper to action in different way. Maybe will give a try and prepare an alcoholic solution with a super-hot. I just wonder about the skin problems, could be a dangerous mix - alcohol and super-hot, but maybe not. Should try on a small place of skin :-)

Back