• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A Question of Pot.......

Nope, I'm not looking to supplement my income by growing a bit of weed but only wanting some advice on pot sizing.

I've got some Habs,Prairie Fire, Birds Eye and Dorset Nagas planted in 5 inch pots (5 inches across and 5.5 deep)at the moment and given I have next to no room to store pots on our balcony I'm going to struggle to fit bigger pots in their place when it comes time to pot them on to a larger size. My question is, if I leave them in the current small pots am I likley to see any pods. What's the smallest plant anyone has seen fruit from? Can you Bonzai a chili plant? Do I need to move house?

I have no idea but please keep us updated on how your plants turn out because I think it would be good info all around. Now that I think of it one of my friends has some pepper plants in small pots but I cannot recall how small they went. Let me get back to you on that. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I've had some success with orange habs

image001cs5.jpg

they make some seriously hot pods

bentalphanerd said:
I've had some success with orange habs

image001cs5.jpg

they make some seriously hot pods

That's the biggest packet of matches I've ever seen!

Seriously, good to see you can get fruit from such a small plant. I may have success yet.

Back