• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

A really simple quiz

Below are four questions. Answer them instantly. You can't take your time. Answer them immediately. No pencil! No paper! OK? Let's find out just how smart and clever you really are. Ready? GO! First Question: You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

To answer the second question, don't take as much time as you took for the first question. (You know you took too much time.)

If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Third Question: Very tricky mathematics! Note: this must be done in your head only. Do NOT use pencil and paper, or a calculator. Try it. Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total? Did you get 5000?

The last question: Mary's father has five daughters: Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter? (Notice the pattern? This should be easy)

Scroll down for answers.

Answers:
1) If you answer that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! if you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Don't peek at the next answer until after you answer the question.

2) Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST person?!

Don't peek at the next answer until after you answer the question, even though you may be tempted.

3) Well, the correct answer is actually 4100. Don't believe it? Check with your calculator!

Don't peek at the last answer until after you answer the last question.

4) The fifth daughter's name is Mary. Read the question again.

How did you do?

If you're in a race and overtake the last person (in a track situation) more than likely you are in first and have lapped the last place person.

I got then all right apart from question 3, I think I came up with 4000 for that. I only got the others right because I've read them before somewhere else ;)

1. Some months have 31 days but how many have 28?

2. Is it legal for a man in Scotland to marry his widow's sister?

3. Three ladies are stood under an umbrella but none of them is getting wet. Why didn't any of them get wet?

4. A farmer has 17 sheep. All but nine die- how many are left?

5. You're driving a bus. Six people get on, two people get off, then 10 people get on and five people get off. Eight people then get on and four more get off. What colour are the drivers eyes?

6.If an aeroplane crashed exactly on the border of France and Germany, where would the survivors be buried?

7. Divide 30 by half and add 10. What's the answer?

8. You're in a cabin in the forest and it's pitch black. You have just one match on you. Which do you light first- the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?

1. All of them have 28 days

2. He's dead and can't marry anyone

3. It wasn't raining

4. 9 that didn't die

5. Haven't a clue

6. Survivors aren't buried

7. 70

8. I would light the lamp if you could find it since it is pitch black..

AlabamaJack said:
1. All of them have 28 days

2. He's dead and can't marry anyone

3. It wasn't raining

4. 9 that didn'd die

5. Haven't a clue

6. Survivors aren't buried

7. 70

8. I would light the lamp if you could find it since it is pitch black..
You don't know your own eye color?

have to look on my drivers license to see Omri....

it also looks like you are too sexy for your hair...roflmao

AlabamaJack said:
it also looks like you are too sexy for your hair...roflmao
It actually got longer since that picture was taken, so I think it's time to shave it off again.

Omri said:
Well mine is a sexy silver-blue mix.
I thought your eyes were chocolate/poo brown ;) I've got blue/grey eyes, well blue/silver if that sounds better. AJ the last question isn't the answer I've got. The rest are right (I have the article with the answers on infront of me) I thought the bus driver question was the easiest. I never got these two though on first attempt.

If there are three apples and you take away two, how many do you have left?

And

Eskimos are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguins. Why not? :doh:

rainbowberry said:
I thought your eyes were chocolate/poo brown ;) I've got blue/grey eyes, well blue/silver if that sounds better. AJ the last question isn't the answer I've got. The rest are right (I have the article with the answers on infront of me) I thought the bus driver question was the easiest. I never got these two though on first attempt.

If there are three apples and you take away two, how many do you have left?

And

I'm a very interesting mix of genes. started life blond and got darker in time.

BTW... if you take away two, you have two left. eskimos don't hunt penguins, because they in a different part of the world.

My Geography teacher Dad would be so ashamed with my worldly knowledge. What about the one question AJ got wrong? As for the forest one all I could think of at the time was 'Why the hell would you go in a forest knowing it will get dark without a torch and a supply of matches'.

rainbowberry said:

There are no penquins at and or anywhere near the arctic cirlce.
Or, better way to put it it Eskimos don't live so durn far south.

rainbowberry said:
8. You're in a cabin in the forest and it's pitch black. You have just one match on you. Which do you light first- the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?

well since this is a trick question, there can be multiple answers & all being right!
1st - " its pitch black " pitch black where ? inside or outside ?
2nd - why would you light a fire ? a fire is already going & giving off light & heat! so no need to waste your only match!
if there was no fire going then you'd say something like light the wood,kindle or something like that, you cant light fire to fire.

3rd - what others have said of course you light the match 1st to bring fire to other sources.
4th - but if there was no light & your choices was to light a candle,lamp,newspaper, (fire) (wood,kindle) -- I'd light the newspaper 1st because you can light everything else with that once on fire.

no wrong answer to that question!

rainbowberry said:
OK clever people so what is the answer to question 8?
To be honest I have no idea. my initial guess was lighting the fire on the match, but then realised that 'fire' option meant something else, like a fireplace. none of the options seem logical...

Back