A Tale of Two Grinders (Making Powder)

sicman said:
dang it joyners  why are you content with telling me that i cant get a fine powder with what i use?   trade powders for what?  

:rofl:

here lets make this simple: every grinder sucks besides the one you use to get the finest powder in the world.  im cool with that :dance:
No I was simply saying let's trade some powders :) You buy that machine for us and I get the other lol. I have learned that it is much harder to get a very fine powder when smoked :)

I have been using a small oster food processor that creates flaks but not powder.
I then bought a Mr. Coffee mill # IDS77 and that made very quick and fine powder however it is difficult to clean between batches as I was making many small batches from my dehydrated pods. 
I just bought a used quisinart DCG-12BC based on the recommendations in the forums here.  I found it works better however, it does not seal at the top as well as the Mr Coffee. As a result, I took a big whiff of powder. Luckily it wasn't grinding scorpions.  I'm looking to buy a 3 1/4" o-ring to improve the seal between the lid and bowl.  We'll see how that works.

Back