• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A Tale of Two Nagas - comparison review

Nigel said:
I got the peppers from Jamie (Romy6) and he has a nice way of naming things. It goes like this - you buy or trade for some seeds for a White Bhut, germinate, grow and the pods end up being totally NOT White Bhuts, so they become known as Not White Bhuts.

So wait...Are they actually bhuts that are not white?

"I thought these were white bhuts, but they're not, they're just regular bhuts."

Or are they something he thought they were bhuts but not? Like a mystery pepper.

"I was growing what I thought were jalepenos, but the are not jalapenos. I don't know what they are so I call them not jalapenos."

I am asking because I got some pods from him I want to save seeds for, (not douglah, not white bhuts), and would like to know what to label them.

Also something called "evil nagabom super spiked"

Is this actually just "Nagabomb"?

The latter. Not white bhuts are just that not white bhuts and who knows what they are. Cool pepper though. His Not Douglahs are red, but they are pretty hot and do have a 7-pot type of flavor. But the are not Douglahs.

What Nigel said. I think it is easier to just name them not so it does not confuse people too much. It was actually cmpman1974 ( Chris) that started the not process. I am just following the master grower. The nasty bumpy nagas are just nagas( @pepperdaddler aka Adam) )  . I think it would be better if you just called them nagas. Which as everyone know's leaves a little on the plate. They are much hotter than my  2 year old naga plant ( which is the one Nigel reviewed and are much smaller with a rounded tip)  . As Nigel has perfectly desribed in this vid.

If that makes sense to you all great. If not great also. Good day  :drooling:

GnomeGrown said:
Nigel,

What is your problem with eggs? :think:
I don`t like the flavor, I don`t like the texture and they make me gag. I will try literally anything, but I can`t do eggs. I tried an Ostrich egg once. It was like egg flavour x10, nasty egg texture x10 and I couldn`t get more than a spoonful or two down without gagging. We kept chickens for a while, just in case they were better than shop-bought eggs. They were a lot nicer, according to my Wife, but still horrible to me. I`ve tried duck eggs, turkey eggs, quail eggs, ostrich - all disgusting. My favourite food in the world is Sea Urchin roe (Uni). Go figure.

Nigel said:
I don`t like the flavor, I don`t like the texture and they make me gag. I will try literally anything, but I can`t do eggs. I tried an Ostrich egg once. It was like egg flavour x10, nasty egg texture x10 and I couldn`t get more than a spoonful or two down without gagging.

I DO NOT like eggs. For all of the reasons you said above and a couple others. I wont trust anyone to cook eggs either because that extra white part that comes out when you crack it is disgusting. I think I also just hate the word "egg".

Hearing your description of the Ostrich egg made me gag.

Just thinking about eggs makes me gag.

Back