A ultimate offer to newbies

CAPCOM said:
OK, I am going to close the offer where we stand.

I will be contacting all participants with further details soon.

Oh, and by the way, the seeds that you will be growing originated from Judy@Pepperlover
Holy crap! Are we growing lavas? If so, I'm terrified, but also really excited!

I count 37 source packets. I will pull one seed from each and do a germination test. when I am certain of viability, I will make up the distribution packets, number them and place in the mailers.

Sorry for the time lapse. I have seed packs just about ready. I stopped a little short at 27 varieties. Thats gonna be a lot of plants. Anyway, If you would not mind, resubmit your mailing addresses by PM with the subject line, snailmail.
Thx, Jeff

Pretty cool idea, Jeff.  Judy has so many interesting peppers although I am personally drawn to her mild to moderate heat varieties.
It will be interesting to watch this thread.

UPDATE.

Seed packets are all loaded and ready to ship. Just in time for a Christmas planting.   However.
I have checked the profiles of the participants and have some concerns about their recent participation or lack of activity in the forum since the original posting of this thread.
One of the main purposes of this offer was to spark interest in the means of participation on the forum.
I only see that happening with two participants. Those two will have their packets sent out this week.

I thought the offer was about starting a grow log next year . Being that the original offer came out at the end of september, and october is the end of the season for most people north of the 49th parallel i didn't feel there was a lot to say. I have updated my glog with my current activity as I get ready for the following season.

Now if you don't feel like sending me seeds, that is your prerogative.  I have been given seeds from some wonderful people on here, with no expectations on what I do with them. 

I am preparing for a great season ahead, just a couple more weeks before seeds hit dirt.

So have a wonderful season, I'm sorry I didn't live up to your standards and expectations.

JoeMay said:
I thought the offer was about starting a grow log next year . Being that the original offer came out at the end of september, and october is the end of the season for most people north of the 49th parallel i didn't feel there was a lot to say. I have updated my glog with my current activity as I get ready for the following season.

Now if you don't feel like sending me seeds, that is your prerogative.  I have been given seeds from some wonderful people on here, with no expectations on what I do with them. 

I am preparing for a great season ahead, just a couple more weeks before seeds hit dirt.

So have a wonderful season, I'm sorry I didn't live up to your standards and expectations.

I am not refering to glogs or this thread in particular. I am making reference to activity in general.  There are always threads worth offering opinions and or advice in.
There is a purpose of this offer and I cant assume that participants who have not been active since the original posting of the offer will be any more active after seeds have been recieved. When I make offers like these, I try to assure myself they are not in vein.
I have not disposed of your seed pack and it is still addressed and ready to ship.

Seeds have shipped to all 5 participants.
I apologize for the delay of which I am to blame for the most part. Procrastination is your enemy.

I also have not been as active on the forum as of late, at least not as much as in the past. And that in and of itself makes keeping up with commitments even more of a challenge. To sum up everything into perspective, I have not even looked at my grow for the up coming year beyond my glog posting.

I hope the growers that are getting these seed will be able to grow plants that are attributive to their linage and pods to be proud of and maybe even, FEARED.
Good luck and let us see what you can make of them.

I sent a lot of stuff out last week, I hope everything arrives without issue. Sent some small pods into the great white north. If the pods get ruptured, the gig is up. You know what I mean if you were ever around someone eating cumari do para.

Due to circumstances that have manifested themselves. I am opening this opportunity to one additional participant. Please read the following statement if interested.

This offer is to first year newbies with less than 500 posts who are dedicated and have the proper means to properly germinate and grow to maturity 27 plants of the Chinense variety of hot peppers. By means, I mean, I will not send seeds to Minnesota if you cannot start seeds indoors by Feb 1st or sooner. Proper lighting and heat requirements are a must. You will need to indicate what your growing conditions are. The seeds that you will receive are unidentified. But,  They originated from a premier grower from this forum.The seeds will arrive to you in numbered packets. This is how you will identify the plants until they have matured and produced identifiable pods at which point you will post here your findings.

Anyone who meets the above requirements and would like to be considered or pm me.

Back