• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

AACT not foaming

Not sure if this is a good mix or not, this is my first batch but here is what I am using..(batch in process)

10 cups of Steer/Compost manure (Lowes)
4 cups of chicken manure (Lowes)
2 cups of Worm Castings
Molasses.

I started it Sunday night and this morning I had some foam on top.

Not sure if this is a good mix or not, this is my first batch but here is what I am using..(batch in process)

10 cups of Steer/Compost manure (Lowes)
4 cups of chicken manure (Lowes)
2 cups of Worm Castings
Molasses.

I started it Sunday night and this morning I had some foam on top.

dude that is a lot of poo!

My best results come from,

5g De-chlorinated water
1 handful Home Made Compost "warm to the touch"
1 handful Grass Roots "not the DEM kind ;)"
1 handful Worm Castings
1 handful Old Growth local humus
Cheap glassed ham mix... (probably brown sugar)

I start with the water, bubble with sugars in over night. The next day add the rest

CIMG0467.jpg

Interesting about adding the sugars first. Gives a chance for wild airborne yeast, fungi and bacteria to get a head start.

Batch one will be applied to leaves of baby bitter melon and cucumber vines today, rest will go as a soil drench as I am a little concerned that my ingredients produced a batch rich in e. coli and I already have fruit on my beans and pepper plants. Batch 2 will be compost, soil, and green matter only for garden-wide foliar spraying.

Here's a good paper: http://www.researchg...7f46938ef3b.pdf

They got best results starting with plain compost, then adding humic acid and yeast extract. Worm castings are rich in humic acid, so good stuff there. Now I need a cheap source of yeast extract.

dude that is a lot of poo!

My best results come from,

5g De-chlorinated water
1 handful Home Made Compost "warm to the touch"
1 handful Grass Roots "not the DEM kind ;)"
1 handful Worm Castings
1 handful Old Growth local humus
Cheap glassed ham mix... (probably brown sugar)

I start with the water, bubble with sugars in over night. The next day add the rest

CIMG0467.jpg

I'm usually full of a lot of crap! :)

Is it too much, or will it provide a good NPK balance?

@Helldozer from the sounds of it, you have a poo milk shake... It should be ok on the soil, but may need to be cut with some extra water.

@PepperWhisperer Yeah that and it gives the water some time to bubble out any bleach in the sugar possibly anything else.
Its not going to "die" in the tap water so its one less step on day two.

@Helldozer from the sounds of it, you have a poo milk shake... It should be ok on the soil, but may need to be cut with some extra water.

@PepperWhisperer Yeah that and it gives the water some time to bubble out any bleach in the sugar possibly anything else.
Its not going to "die" in the tap water so its one less step on day two.

Thanks man, appreciate it. First time cooking some up, so I was a little nervous about it after reading all sorts of E. Coli / Salmonella scares etc. I'm like..CRAP! (no pun..wait,surely intended) now I wasted a whole batch. I was trying to not cut it, just because I didn't want to de-chlorinate 76 gallons. The math is for 1 gallon of tea per plant. But, I was hoping I could just bypass it and put a small concentrated amount.

I plan on checking the bag of Chicken Manure when I get home to see if it is aged/composted. I figure if it is, then I should be good. If it doesn't say that on the bag, I shouldn't use it, right?

Thank you for the information.

Back