• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

About naga morich

Hey,

How long did it take for your naga morich to germinate? Am I expecting days, weeks or months?

It's been a week or so and nothing yet.

PS. Is there any special requirements for naga morich? I don't want to end up killing it!

unska,

Is this like asking how long it takes to reach puberty? So many factors - type of soil, depth the seeds are planted, room temps, water temps. If it's less than a week - that's great! If it's more than a month - that's bad. Anything in between seems to be normal.

Mike

agree with wiz....one week to a month generally...

There are many factors pepper friend. For instance, last year it took about 2 weeks for my Nagas to germinate, but this year I had several sprouting out after one night! Have some patience and continue moistening the soil their in and keep them warm.

Cool, I hope to see some sprouts in a week or two! How long did you have to wait to see the first flower?

Is Bhut Jolokia and Bih Jolokia the same plant as Naga Morich?

Ya, I had one come up after about 3 1/2 weeks. I was gonna pitch the lot and do something else...next morning, whatta ya know two lil babies poking their heads up. :)

Last year I sowed two Naga Morich seeds on the 2nd of June, the first one came up on the 11th of June and the other on the 10th of July.

I have a naga morich that just sprouted - took about 1 week and 4 days at 28ish degrees C .. my bih jolokias are still yet to sprout 2 weeks after planting.. many varieties I planted sprouted within 4 days.

POTAWIE said:
And don't give up after a month. You'll be surprised what can sprout late

A couple of the plants I have now actually were VERY late bloomers. I gave up on those ones and I used to heavy of a soil to start that first batch of seeds. However 5 weeks later I started to get some popping out. They are actually healthy now as well. I found a better way to germinate now and I usually get seedlings popping through the soil in a week.

Mine have great disparities after they germinate. 3 of my nagas are huge with no pods yet. 1 is dwarfed, only about 1 ft tall but it has 40 or so small pods on it.

rainbowberry said:
I've found that the Nagas have massive stems, like a tree. Same with the Scorpion.

My Naga is actually my biggest pepper plant right now, so I can definitely relate with that one. Those things are pretty bulky. I hope it's for all of the weight in peppers it's going to hold!:onfire:;)

The heat of a pepper is a defense mechanism. So it follows that peppers plants that are scared enough of their environment to produce naga heat, would also need to be physically sturdy.

This year my Naga Morich seeds from Nicky's seeds came up in 5-6 days. My Dorset Naga seeds from Reimer seeds took about a week longer. I started both in the same soil and pots etc and kept the soil/room temp at 80-85 deg F.

rainbowberry said:
I've found that the Nagas have massive stems, like a tree. Same with the Scorpion.

My fatali and choc. habs are like that..dang trees they will be...almost 1/4" stems and not even 4" tall. Nodes on top of node everywhere.

The trees of Forbidden Fruit... ;)

Most of my extremily hot or wild variety seeds I start in hydroponic bubbler sure think at list for me very fast germination after they rich couples inches I transfer all in smaller pots & keep under the ligt till spring in the basement , I start most of C.Chinense variety & wild one in in January & everything else in March so by and of May I bring those plants outside to get harden before I transplant those in the garden.Also I use Aero-flo 20 If I want more variety of hard to find, the only think I still having problem ajusting nutrience but I will learn from mistake.I find out plants started in hydroponics are much heltier & stronger no when you just start in regular soil hope one they I master it ajusting nutriance wright way.Naga Morich or Bhuth Jolokia in the bubbler germinate very fast one to two weeks & wild variety like 3 weeks great stuff.

Back