• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Absolut Peppar

Well was having a conversation with Brother in Law about Bloody Marys, one of his favorite drinks. He was looking for suggestions on hot sauce to use to create them. I asked him if he has ever used Absolut Peppar Vodka. HE HAD NEVER HEARD OF IT!!!

So just in case others out there have never heard of it, I figured I would make a post about it today. To enlighten those needing enlightenment.

I still recommend Gindo's Spice of Life for my own personal Bloody Mary. But figured some make want the quick and easy route, and that's Absolut Peppar.

http://www.sauceauthority.com/absolutely-delicious/

Stolichnaya also makes a pepper vodka, a little more expensive than absolut, but in my opinion stoli is of better quality.

I infused some Grey Goose last year with orange habaneros, hot cherries, and yellow Hungarians. It turned out to be a bit too spicy and it continues to sit on my kitchen counter. It remains to be the only bottle of vodka that has survived longer than 2 days in my house! I try pawning it off onto my guests but they all figure that if I don't want it, something must not be right about it. Maybe I will try adding fewer peppers to the next batch...

I infused some Grey Goose last year with orange habaneros, hot cherries, and yellow Hungarians. It turned out to be a bit too spicy and it continues to sit on my kitchen counter. It remains to be the only bottle of vodka that has survived longer than 2 days in my house! I try pawning it off onto my guests but they all figure that if I don't want it, something must not be right about it. Maybe I will try adding fewer peppers to the next batch...

I would dilute it by 1/2 with the same brand and enjoy

For my Bloody Marys, I use Stoli's original, Hot and Spicy V8, Worcestershire sauce, celery or pickle spear, black pepper, and whatever hot sauce I feel in the mood for. Last time was CaJohn's Scorpion sauce. [I don't recommend a sauce this hot if using it to cure a hangover... in case there is a... ahem... "reversal"] -- Could do in your sinuses... Garic salt and Celery salt, [optional to taste]

But, it makes for a pretty good bloody mary.

If I order a bloody at a bar I usually get it with Peppar.Its the only absolut I like.The best bloody mary vodka I have had was titos that I infused with aji limon and horseradish!

I know that this is highly subjective ...

but what is the "sweetspot" in terms of peppers (and/or SHO) when infusing vodka?

go as hot as it gets (ghost pepper) or something more "middle of the road" in terms of heat?

thx for exchanging opinions
al

I infused a lot of vodkas a couple years ago. My favorites were jalapeno, fatalii, and bhut. The Scorpion and 7-pot flavor didn't come through as well. Habanero is no good imo. I also only use one pod per bottle. It gives it enough heat while still being able to enjoy the flavor. That being said, I made a bottle with two fatallis and a bhut this year and it is good for bloody marys but tough to enjoy straight.

Back