• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Absolute newb's Glog, please advice if I did anything wrong

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you!

My name is T, this is my first time ever growing chilli from seed and I am an oversea student studying in Perth Australia. I just want to say, I AM ADDICTED!

I will keep updating this log and hopefully, some of you cool guy can give me some pointer about growing chillis!

Below are the bhut jolokia babies (photo taken 12 Sep, seed in the mix on 28 August)

23114e79.jpg

60W lamp to keep them warm
5cd6977e.jpg

=======================QUESTION:=======================

Why the sprout (lower) only has one leaf?? (the upper one do had 2 leaf before, it happened after I attempted to take its shell (seed) off.... I damaged one of its leaf...)
16620be3.jpg

It just happens sometimes, I had some babies come out with fused cotyledons or even 3 cotyledons, now the one that you damaged pulling the shell off should be fine though. I tore a couple leaves doing that myself this season and they all turned out fine. Good luck on your growing.

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] "The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

My name is T

Is that your full first name!?

Welcome to the forum T!

It's my first year of growing chilli plants, and in fact the first year of growing anything ever!!! And like you i'm addicted too :)
I love my new hobby!

Best of luck with your grow season, and looks like you are off to a great start. There are lots of great people on here, ready to help along the way....you have found the right forum for sure!

I found it helped me a huge amount, reading the GLOGS (or Grow Logs) I picked up so much good advice from there

Neil

Back