Addicted in Ontario, hey guys.

Hey everyone,

So longtime lover of the heat, but a new grower. I kinda fell into it: The GF and I were at a nurserey, she was looking for a Mother's Day gift and I was bored with the flowers so I wandered off... Well, needless to say I found the peppers. There were loads. Knowing very little about what I was looking at I selected a 4pack of little Carib Red Habaneros and a strong looking pepper plant in a little 4in pot called a "Red Chile" (I've since discovered thanks to THP that it is likely a Serrano).

Planted those in one very large planter. Oops, somebody didn't do their research! "You know nothing Jon Snow." Thankfully nature rocks and my Serrano has about 40 peppers (3 are turning red already!) and the 4 Habs have a spread of 4-12 peppers set on each. Not bad for cramped quarters.

Well I caught the bug and a couple weeks after I planted I was back at a different nurserey. They were GIVING AWAY their pepper trays because it was so late in the season! What luck! So I picked up a 4pack of Long Cayenne, Ring Of Fire, Hot Thai, and the classic Orange Habs.  Still unaware of this only one plant per pot nonsense I made a bunch of doubles, one triple, and gave one Hab to a friend.

It didn't end there. A week or two after that I found a Scotch Bonnet. It got it's own planter, hooray for it.

Even with the overcrowding all my peppers seem strong and are setting lots of pods, not loads, but plenty for me to enjoy.

I'm stoked for my first harvest, and I'm already thinking about overwintering a couple and what varieties I want to start from seed next season (and give individual pots to, nice pots, like those awesome growbags). Choc Habs, Bhut Jolokias, Fataliis, and the Lemon Drops are on my wish list. I'd love to do some trades but I get that most of what I have is pretty common.

Now that I'm playing the waiting game I've been lurking and learning TONS from you guys here at THP. So thank you all for imparting your collective wisdom on me, from seedling to sauce. I look forward to being a contributing member of the community.

Here are a few pics of what I got growin' on.

2 of my Orange Habs
hhz2.jpg

The Serrano(?) / Red Carib Pot and Closeups
c5rs.jpg

hza2.jpg

k8xu.jpg

The Bonnet
lpdj.jpg

Ring of Fire
2wl8.jpg

Cayenne
bdj7.jpg

Hot Thai
3s0r.jpg

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Welcome to THP.                                                                  From St. Aug.

dbf3b_a97978_wilfordbrimley.jpg

Thanks for all the complements!

I can't really take all the credit, they were all adopted. Actually, I'd say I have had a lot of beginners luck - they're crowded, potted in heavy dense potting soil, and poorly fertalized (I used some random slow release granular 10-10-10 I found kickin' around in my shed from who knows when). I'll probably do everything "right" next season and have terrible luck!

Welcome from southern New Joisey,    BTW nice pics.     I don't think I've seen such a detailed and picture oriented Welcome post, with a Story to boot!
You'll fit in here! Welcome again.

Greetings from Ontario! Some nice lookin pods there, definitely need to start gettin some other kinds going in my garden.. Just the Bell and Jalapenos so far and I realize looking around here, that I'm slackin!

Back