vendor Advise on good UK Seed vendors

I ordered some seeds from Nick's Nursery UK through a friend who was traveling to India and got the seeds
After seeing some bad review about Nick's Nursery, I want to know from all of you at THP where in UK to order pepper seeds from

Thanks in advance

I've ordered from Nicky's Nursery twice (10 or more varieties all up) and had no problems. Prompt shipping, seeds arrived in good condition, all labelled correctly, very good germination rates and everything grew true (or at least true to description on the more unknown varieties). What did the bad reviews say? And was your experience a bad one?

I've ordered from Nicky's Nursery twice (10 or more varieties all up) and had no problems. Prompt shipping, seeds arrived in good condition, all labelled correctly, very good germination rates and everything grew true (or at least true to description on the more unknown varieties). What did the bad reviews say? And was your experience a bad one?

Thanks for sharing your experience,
I happened to read not so good reviews about Nick's some where on THP some time back and that bothered me
I have ordered and got around 14 varieties, mostly C.chinense types as we don't get any C.chinense in India other than Bhut Jolokia

So far I have sowed a few and they have sprouted without any issue, will be great if they grow true to type

I order seeds from www.pepperlover.com which are in the US they ship to Australia so they would definately ship to the UK

goodluck :D

I am based in India and had a bad experience once before when I tried to order seeds from abroad, the orders simply don't arrive
I think the customs / quarantine confiscated the package

I have managed to collect quiet a few C.Frutescens, and C.Annuum types from India and south east Asia (Thailand, Cambodia, Malasiya etc) whenever some friend/relative goes on some trip abroad
Of late I am more interested in C.chinense type peppers and only way to get my hands on them is to ask some one who goes to UK or US to order it and bring it back with them :)

Thanks for sharing your experience,
I happened to read not so good reviews about Nick's some where on THP some time back and that bothered me
I have ordered and got around 14 varieties, mostly C.chinense types as we don't get any C.chinense in India other than Bhut Jolokia

So far I have sowed a few and they have sprouted without any issue, will be great if they grow true to type

Yeah, I think I recall hearing something bad now too but I don't remember what. Oh well, my experience was good and hope yours is too!

Nicky's nursery is OK.
From my experience uk seed vendors are not very good. they often sell old seeds that do not germinate very well and the prices are high.
Do not buy from chileseeds.co.uk, the prices are way to high, you have to pay a lot for the shipping and the seeds often do not germinate at all.

I had almost no problems with nickey's nursery. My chilhuacle negro's turned red. This year I'm growing their Trinidad congo, wihich seems to do fine.
Had no problems with simpsons seed's either, but generally I recommend peppersrus in the netherlands and pepperlover in the us.

Back