• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aerogarden Thrift Store Bonanza!

Last weekend, I visited a local thrift store with my family - something I haven't done in ages. They were stocked up with Aerogardens. I picked up 4 total - 3 Classic 7s, and 1 Ultra for $56 (13.99 each)! They all appear to be working (but I will need to replace one bad light, and probably upgrade the others soon). I fired one up with the standard herb garden, and will likely use the rest for cloning. I picked up the LED Ultra in the background from Costco late last year.

16685622953_9ac81acd40_c.jpg

I'm gonna have to hit up thrift stores more often. People probably get these for gifts, and never re-use them after the free herb garden that comes in the box.

Scorched said:
Damn nice score. One of the new LED ones is at the top of my have to have list for next years grow. After seeing the results others here on THP are having they seem worth it. Might have to check out a thrift store myself

Yeah, I really like my Ultra LED. It was my first, so I have nothing to compare. I have two plants in there flowering like crazy right now. It'll be interesting to see how the CFLs do. They also make LEDs that insert into the Classic sockets - but they aren't cheap.

I'd definitely recommend thrift stores and Craigslist. Like I said, I think a lot of people get these for gifts but don't get into it.

Back