• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

afr0n0mes first ever grow :D

Well i started not knowing wtf i was doing. I have never GROWN ANYTHING from seed or grown anything in general so take it ez on me. This is my first year and i'm learning everyday ! 

I started with about 12 varieties which included: 

Yelow Fatalli   ( swartmamaba ) 
Choc Fatalli ( swartmamaba ) 
Red Bhut jolokia ( frankie )
White Bhut jolokia ( pepperlover )
Scotch bonnet ( swartmamaba ) 
Corni di toro ( wickedmike )
dragon cayenne ( wickedmike )
reaper ( koreansoul )
brainstrain yellow ( pepperlover )
white congo ( pepper lover )
douglah ( swartmamaba ) 
7pot white ( pepperlover )
aji dulce ( ikf )

and did i mention that i didn't label a thing ? hah i figured since it was my first grow ever i would be happy getting any kind of pod :D ( ok i cheated i know where the reapers are... but hey i wanted to keep those in check ! ) 

Well i'll start with some pics and a lay of the "land" Here goes nothing

The old paper towel/plastic ziploc container on top of my fridge did the trick just fine !  i started labeling then said .. f**k it... hahaha
IHGdyeV.jpg

and it begins ! 

0dAwQnR.jpg

AjpDfuj.jpg

After doing some reading and researching found myself an aero garden ! time to dive into hydro as well !

this is where the reapers are as of right now
VD6CMun.jpg

roughly 4 months, they are a stunted because

JJJessee said:
You definitely dialed it in quickly, Afro.  
When did you sprout those puppies? 

of the moving around i did with them and constant aphid attacks, but they are bushy as hell. Showing signs of flowers already on a couple. Will post pictures tonight when i get home.

Runescape said:
Damn, plants are huge... and getting buds already? Those things are gonna be monsters by the time you can plant out...
I got a while to plant out hahahaha but hey talk about a head start. 

Definitely going to be following this. Couple of thoughts:

* The dragon cayenne wasn't from me, bud. I have them, but didn't way back when.

* Good-looking plants. Especially for an indoor grow. Especially for a first-time grower. Especially for a Canadian (couldn't resist). I see you've been pruning. It pays off in the long run in a big way. I'd remove all the flowers from every plant you've got, though. They're way too small yet to be fruiting. You want them to focus on roots and vegetative growth, not flowering and fruiting. I know it's exciting to get a flower, but if you take the long view you'll be glad you did.

* Gently pop your plants out of the pots and look at the roots. When you prune, and especially if you top, your plants can get rootbound. It may be time to bump them up.

All in all, though, good to see you succeeding your first time out. Especially for a Canadian. :rofl: 

Wicked Mike said:
Definitely going to be following this. Couple of thoughts:

* The dragon cayenne wasn't from me, bud. I have them, but didn't way back when.

* Good-looking plants. Especially for an indoor grow. Especially for a first-time grower. Especially for a Canadian (couldn't resist). I see you've been pruning. It pays off in the long run in a big way. I'd remove all the flowers from every plant you've got, though. They're way too small yet to be fruiting. You want them to focus on roots and vegetative growth, not flowering and fruiting. I know it's exciting to get a flower, but if you take the long view you'll be glad you did.

* Gently pop your plants out of the pots and look at the roots. When you prune, and especially if you top, your plants can get rootbound. It may be time to bump them up.

All in all, though, good to see you succeeding your first time out. Especially for a Canadian. :rofl: 

Well then, i gota track the source down and figure out where they came from :D 

I been pruning hard trying to keep them short and fat which i think i succeeded in. I will probably check the root situation here in the next couple of days, my next step would be a 2.8G pot probably the biggest pot i can accommodate all the plants under my current light setup. Thanks for the input ! 

The damn canadian jokes haha well there's about 2-3 feet of snow outside and in the -20's so i'd say i got a good thing going on right now 

PaulS said:
Sweet for your first grow dude :)
My first was pathetic!
Will follow along.
Thanks man, i'll be potting into bigger pots here very soon. I'm hoping i'll have the room under the lights.

Dec 20 update

I pretty much got rid of all the buds growing, i will be potting up into 2.8 g pots this weekend. I'm in the process of moving too so the plants haven't been getting much attention lately but here they are hanging out in a tub lol

Aerogarden reapers
BQ0t1n6.jpg

dCf35Ll.jpg

l2XIAKp.jpg

This is all i can muster up for an update, in the process of moving atm 

afr0n0me said:
Dec 20 update

I pretty much got rid of all the bubs growing, i will be potting up into 2.8 g pots this weekend. I'm in the process of moving too so the plants haven't been getting much attention lately but here they are hanging out in a tub lol

Aerogarden reaper

I'm intrigued by the aerogarden I've never seen them over here.
Are they widely availble over there or just online?

PaulS said:

I'm intrigued by the aerogarden I've never seen them over here.
Are they widely availble over there or just online?
I found mine locally for 30 bux, it's the best 30 bux i have ever spent ! 

Well boys n girls, it's been a while since i updated this. I have moved from my previous home in the middle of a canadian winter... yeah we're crazy like that.

After the move i decided it was pretty crappy moving around pots full of dirt so i went a different way, i have absolutely no soil plants to speak off i moved everything to hydro and here's the result so far

I received this as a Christmas gift from a family member, decided to put it to work right away, it might be small later on but right now it's doing it's job. It took the plants a few days to adjust to the move but everything is looking pretty happy 

hK2JX7A.jpg

rewind 10 days and this is how they looked

wSMyPdI.jpg

a few week or so later i was looking at this 
I2kFNku.jpg

quite a difference after they got accustomed to being in hydro

This is the dwc bin again, i pruned and topped again they are staying shot and bushy in here until i plant out
ujlzriG.jpg

cQnBYeT.jpg

and this is one of the reapers from the aerogarden moved into a 5g drip bucket
P06wd1a.jpg

Back