• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Afraid to look for storm damage

Last night I saw a cat fly.  Behind here, also flying, was a folding table.  From my window, I can see pots everywhere except where they should be.  Kind of afraid to look at the actual garden.  Just the pots that once lined the drive way as ornamentals is scary enough.

Wish me luck.

Good luck, AJ! Plants are resilient, I bet it looks worse than it really is. Hopefully things look better once they're root-side-down once again. 
     I dunno about that cat, though. Hopefully it took shelter under the table once they both landed.

Hope all is well. I've actually been tying plants up for the last two days. Sunday www had the worst storm I've seen in a couple years. After today when I finish tying,it will be over a hundred plants that had to be tied,lol.

Had a similar storm roll through Lexington as well.  Knocked my grill over, picked up my solid iron table and flew it 50 feet, snapping my patio umbrella in half.  Neighbor's fence was blown over.  My vegetable garden in my backyard took it pretty well.  I've still yet to get out the community garden where my peppers are to check for damage.  Crossing my fingers that they are okay...

Seems like you had my luck. Watered my peppers Monday night, wasn't expecting rain. Of course it rained in an epic proportion... Flooded everything around this area and crazy wind and thunderstorms. Next day started off nice and sunny put all my little plants out all day and all night, and again it decided to downpoor again. Afraid of some water damage, hopefully it gets hot enough to dry up the area..

Cat OK.  Peppers mostly OK.  Folding table I left out is gone.  Four board fence fall feet tall surrounds the property and the table is just plain gone.  I think because it is flat that it worked like a big Frisbee.

Santis - Around here everyone wants flat land.  I think flat land sucks because it turns into a swamp.  Do you have any slope at all?  Maybe a place for a pond so you can steer run off?

Compmodder - Was at my mentors farm to pick up hay today.  Just fifteen minutes away.  Asked him about the storm.  He asked me what storm?  I looked around, nothing was fussed.  He has an umbrella on a picnic table.  Still there.  Kentucky is one weird place when it comes to weather. 

ajdrew said:
Cat OK.  Peppers mostly OK.  Folding table I left out is gone.  Four board fence fall feet tall surrounds the property and the table is just plain gone.  I think because it is flat that it worked like a big Frisbee.

Santis - Around here everyone wants flat land.  I think flat land sucks because it turns into a swamp.  Do you have any slope at all?  Maybe a place for a pond so you can steer run off?

Compmodder - Was at my mentors farm to pick up hay today.  Just fifteen minutes away.  Asked him about the storm.  He asked me what storm?  I looked around, nothing was fussed.  He has an umbrella on a picnic table.  Still there.  Kentucky is one weird place when it comes to weather. 

Glad to hear that things were reasonably good considering for you... It's never a good feeling when you think your plants are going to be destroyed.

Same thing happened to me on Sunday woke up at 6 am to the windows rattling from the wind. Ran to the patio and a few of my smaller plants took a beating and we're leaning sideways. Grabbed everything inside in a hurry. Had to put a few potted tomato plants upright and secure them to the railing. Bought some smaller bamboo stakes for the peppers now as a result. Everything turned out okay though thankfully. Damn wind funnels between the apartment buildings here.

ajdrew said:

unfotunately I do not, its pretty flat here, i just did a little trench to my grass as it is slightly uphill, enough to take the run off down. And I was smart, last few nights pulling the little plants under the patio so they dont get more water :)

Back