• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

After 2.5 hours of work ... Here they are !

Hey everyone,

I repotted all my plants yesterday and after 2.5 hours of work i am happy with the results !
Mixing up soil, repotting, tagging, bamboe stick for support, grinding egg shells, watering and finally cleaning up.
I thought i would be done in an hour  :D But i am happy now.
SO here are pictures !! (One Question Below)

Here an overview of all my plants:
jup9.jpg

"Caloro" plant producing some nice pods:
(Egg shell powder on the soil)
18d7.jpg

"Habanero Red" plant putting out a ton of flowers:
5gvi.jpg

"Habanero Red" plant producing pods  :party:
fi5v.jpg

"Aji Red" plant that looks great to me but it is weird that it just will not put out any flowers .... i'll have to be patient.
6j3x.jpg

"Habanero Red" plant producing a super cool looking Habanero ! I love the shape
hurx.jpg

This is either a "Hot paper lantern" or a "Devil's tongue red" Plant that is producing some nice pods !
( i forgot to label this one, but i will know wich one it is by comparing it to the labeled ones )
m91e.jpg

"Hot Portugal" plant producing a ton of pods as big as my hands  :D
i681.jpg

Another "Hot portugal" plant producing HUGE peppers :
jq0h.jpg

And finally my way of 'Keeping snails away'  :D
The salt u use for ice in the winter is used to keep snails away !
In the back u can see hundreds of slimy trails that stay away from the salt but i could not get that on camera.
wfdo.jpg

Now i do have one question:

There is a posibility that in 70 days from now it begins to freeze here ...
So i am worried that i won't see many ripe peppers on my plants,
it seems like they are all just beginning to produce like crazy and i fear they will die right before they can ....

Any thoughts on that ?

Thanks for watching !
Peter.

Great looking plants. You are doing very well. If they are podding up now they should have more then enough time to ripen. However, I am no expert. Good luck!

Yeah... you can bring them indoors during the nights when it getrs down... and  put them back out during the day... you will find that there are many many days past the first frost where your peppers will be fine outside...  or at least thats the way it is here.

I guessing you'll have ripe pods on everything except the baccatum, which will demand an extension of warm, sunny weather. I have had to wait a really long time for some ajies to get around to flowering--good luck with that one.  Very nice plants!

Thank you everybody !!
As my first year growing annything, i could not be more happy  :dance:

I don't have much room inside but i can take a few plants inside for the first frost days, i will do that. Thanks.

Laphroaig said:
Thank you everybody !!
As my first year growing annything, i could not be more happy  :dance:

I don't have much room inside but i can take a few plants inside for the first frost days, i will do that. Thanks.
You can always group them closer and use a painter plastic to cover them and also the brick will retain heat. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You can always group them closer and use a painter plastic to cover them and also the brick will retain heat. 

Oh yeah that's right,
I will see if i can get my hands on some plastic, thanks !

Ají hombre said:
I guessing you'll have ripe pods on everything except the baccatum, which will demand an extension of warm, sunny weather. I have had to wait a really long time for some ajies to get around to flowering--good luck with that one.  Very nice plants!
Really?! My ajis have been by far the most productive plants... i would hate to try and guess let alone count the number of peppers on each plant XD

might want to get some lights either landscape lighting or grow style lights and put that in the area when you plastic wrap keep em a few degrees warmer

or a make shift green house just build a cheap wood cube frame with wood and add the plastic and just slide the whole Box over the whole group of plants

Noah Yates said:
Really?! My ajis have been by far the most productive plants... i would hate to try and guess let alone count the number of peppers on each plant XD
I grew three baccatums last year and two (bishop's crown and omnicolor) were early producers. the ají amarillo grew vegetatively through the entire season and then killed me with boatloads of peppers very late.

Nice loooking plants.  I have found that since the weather cooled off here slightly, everything seems to be ripening in overdrive.  I have a bhut plant that just really started setting pods two weeks ago or so and there is one already starting to turn.

Back