• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds ?After seeds germinate in condiment cup??

Hi guys, I was successful germinating some seeds using the condiment cup method. When putting them in seedling soil, do you put them in dry soil and then mist? Or do you moisten the soil first all the way through and then plant the germinated seed? I mixed the soil w water and then planted...now I'm second guessing myself. Too wet? Guess I should have asked first... Thanks to any advice..

Chris

Cdunn, sounds like you did good. Always plant into moist medium, and keep it moist. I actually let my starter medium hydrate for a few hours with water in the bottom of a tray so it gets super hydrated. It gets nice and fluffy in the starter tray that way.

Over the next few day, don't let the top of the soil dry out or 'crust' until the plant is established with some leaves.

For other ideas, spend a few hours (or days) by reading the first pages of some Grow Logs in that section. You can follow some of those cats for other things that crop up. .... :cool:

After they get their second set of true leaves I pot them up with almost dry soil then bottom soak em in 3 inches of water. fill a pot with dry soil and weigh it, you will know when its soaked if you compare a dry one with your ones in the soak tank, only water when they get close to dry weight.
IMG_0101-6.jpg

Back