• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Afterburner taste test

I purchased a bottle of Afterburner from Neil at the Hippy Seed Company. I really want to try this on a big T-Bone or Sirloin steak or even a nice beef sausage. It is also going to be on my Kangaroo burger I am making for the Throwdown competition (see the forum thread to enter).

nice one Joey :) Neils sauces are the best!!! For your next review maybe some better lighting and a bit more of a close up so we can see your suffering // enjoyment of the sauce :) Also, dont give away your t/down ideas so early!!! Keep the suspense building!

Best of luck for the throwdown.. all i can say is BRING IT!! :)

nice one Joey :) Neils sauces are the best!!! For your next review maybe some better lighting and a bit more of a close up so we can see your suffering // enjoyment of the sauce :) Also, dont give away your t/down ideas so early!!! Keep the suspense building!

Best of luck for the throwdown.. all i can say is BRING IT!! :)

Yeah I realised afterwards the flaws in it and thought about re-filming but it's better having the first attempt reaction to the sauce. Doh I am such a newb too many beers :beer: and I gave the game away. Can't wait to see your dish. :cheers:

definitely better off with first reactions :) my first vid was done on a dodgy laptop and i sounded like i was coming from the moon!! (also too many beers!) well done for giving it a go! :) :beer:

I really enjoyed that! May be a little out of your league at the moment but if you ever want a killer tasting sauce that loves you long time try his Yellow Seven Turkey Slap. I wouldn't recommend a tablespoon of that though! :D

I really like all Neil's sauces - the Afterburner was very good - the Scorpion was great (I personally like the Turkey Slap just a little better tho) but my favorite from Neil has to be the Nagasav - The Nagasav isn't as hot as the Scorpion or the Turkey Slap but there is just something about it

I really like all Neil's sauces - the Afterburner was very good - the Scorpion was great (I personally like the Turkey Slap just a little better tho) but my favorite from Neil has to be the Nagasav - The Nagasav isn't as hot as the Scorpion or the Turkey Slap but there is just something about it

I could never dis the Nagasav. Skobiyan and Yellow Seven are more of a concentrated chilli sauce whereas his Jungle Juice, Afterburner and Nagasav are more meant to be a bit different in the way that he compliments the chilli's flavour with other ingredients. Also remember that the Nagasav has his very own "Pepper Pepper" as an ingrediant in it, that may just be what you are tasting that you like about it. Just a thought :)

Great vid Joey! Behind every great man there is a woman pushing him to take it a little further! I was wondering if you were going to touch your eye after using your finger to wipe some extra sauce off the bottle lol. Those hickups looked powerful!!!

lol...not that much of a puss? If Bird's Eye tore you up THAT bad, lets see how you handle the Turkey Slap or the Skobiyan.

You think Afterburner is hot? Next time go the Skobiyan! ;) Tastes great and is FLAMING BLOODY HOT!

Yeah I am gonna ramp it up next time round.

I really enjoyed that! May be a little out of your league at the moment but if you ever want a killer tasting sauce that loves you long time try his Yellow Seven Turkey Slap. I wouldn't recommend a tablespoon of that though! :D

Well ya never know, I may be dumb enough to try it

Hmmm know you have me thinking hard, what to try next.

I could never dis the Nagasav. Skobiyan and Yellow Seven are more of a concentrated chilli sauce whereas his Jungle Juice, Afterburner and Nagasav are more meant to be a bit different in the way that he compliments the chilli's flavour with other ingredients. Also remember that the Nagasav has his very own "Pepper Pepper" as an ingrediant in it, that may just be what you are tasting that you like about it. Just a thought :)

The flavour was amazing we ate it on dinner and corn chips last night yum yum yum.

Nice vid, the hiccups got ya pretty good, :lol: :dance:

Thanks

Nice job Joey, very entertaining hic ups :cheers:

Than you :)

Great vid Joey! Behind every great man there is a woman pushing him to take it a little further! I was wondering if you were going to touch your eye after using your finger to wipe some extra sauce off the bottle lol. Those hickups looked powerful!!!

Yeah she never lets me get away from anything, April (my wife) tried some as well last night and loved it too but I am worried she has a better heat tolerance than me. Yeah I got a little burn when I went to the dunny later though.

lol...not that much of a puss? If Bird's Eye tore you up THAT bad, lets see how you handle the Turkey Slap or the Skobiyan.

I think it was the Scotch bonnets in the sauce that got me the most. I am up for the challenge :cool:

Hey Joey,

I know I smack talked about the video in the throwdown forum, but I did enjoy the video. I haven't seen any of your other videos, but I will go looking for them. It's all good, mate. And it's kinda too bad we're getting to know each other with all the smacktalk. Otherwise, I think we could be friends.

Oh WAIT A MINUTE! We ARE friends! :lol: Anyway, I just wanted to post to you seriously so you know I can be nice and it's not all about the throwdown.

For a newbie, you really jumped into the fire pit.

I'm off to look for other vids!!! :cheers:
SL

Hey Joey,

I know I smack talked about the video in the throwdown forum, but I did enjoy the video. I haven't seen any of your other videos, but I will go looking for them. It's all good, mate. And it's kinda too bad we're getting to know each other with all the smacktalk. Otherwise, I think we could be friends.

Oh WAIT A MINUTE! We ARE friends! :lol: Anyway, I just wanted to post to you seriously so you know I can be nice and it's not all about the throwdown.

For a newbie, you really jumped into the fire pit.

I'm off to look for other vids!!! :cheers:
SL

Hey it's all good, I know we are all just having a bit of fun in the Throwdown forum I enjoy a bit of tongue in the cheek humour. I can tell my seeing your vids you like a good joke around too.

I hope you liked them.

Joe

Back