• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Air Cooled Anonymous

My name is Tim and I am into volkswagens.. mainly the aircooled variety as I know how to work on them.

Heres a quick couple of vids of my '62 Microbus..

First drive after 30 odd years.

I've had numerous split window buses , also have had many early beetles and type 3's. Currently have a 56 Oval beetle I am working on.
Interested if there is any other vw tragics on here..

my uncle had a VW van (unknown year)of which he blew the motor and had it replaced with Porsche 914 pancake motor, that thing was so fast it turned your hair white LOL got a good buck for it when he sold it

one of my long time buds is a bug fan has quite a few
his ongoing project at the moment is a 1966 1/2 bug nice car indeed
he also had a 1963 bug with a 1972 duel port super beetle motor in it, we went to the jersey shore wish it in 1996 (seaside heights)had alot of fun!!
i grew up around these cars there cool

thanks your friend Joe

be sure to check under the seats for sheets of acid and or bongs from previous owners before you get pulled over for doing 120 on the highway in that beast.

be sure to check under the seats for sheets of acid and or bongs from previous owners before you get pulled over for doing 120 on the highway in that beast.

haha.. yes many stories from friends about things they have found in them.. I have found a few things but more interesting like old receipts and money.

My old Sebring Kit Car....
100_06721.jpg
100_0697.jpg
100_0698.jpg
100_0699.jpg
100_06871.jpg
100_06781.jpg

Dang Paul, that Sebring is pretty clean looking. Did you do the build? Most of them I've seen we're nice outside but inside looked blah, nothing done to make it pop. Actually saw one at a car show the owner had dropped a Type LT 350 Chevy engine connected to a ZF tranny out of a wrecked Pantera into it.

there was a guy i didnt know personally from around me had a Bradley kit car with a VW bug motor in it, it was a nice car too

nice car Pauly!!

Well the first question I actually had was why do you not still own that beautiful machine? The second was, I'm not very familiar with Volkwagon engines even though I used to own a Scirocco when I was stationed in Germany, what is the belted part on top that looks like a Pregnant Turbo Charger on Steroids?

Well the first question I actually had was why do you not still own that beautiful machine? The second was, I'm not very familiar with Volkwagon engines even though I used to own a Scirocco when I was stationed in Germany, what is the belted part on top that looks like a Pregnant Turbo Charger on Steroids?
It's actually a modified Porsche 911 shroud with fan/alternator combo. They're not that common, expensive as hell, but very effective.......plus they look awesome!

As to why I don't own it anymore....I sold it to buy my Scion tC. The guy made me an offer I couldn't pass up and I paid CASH for a brand new car.......and had enough left over to buy my 1959 Mini. ;)

Back