vendor ajdrew

One of the members sent me a box of plants Monday,after seeing where I had got screwed by a vendor. Got the box today. Plants were in good condition.There was a little leaf drop. That's to be expected. Packaging was nice and secure,no damage to the plants at all. Have them in some Ocean Forest right now. I'd recommend you to anyone. Thank you for your kindness ajdrew.

I wanted to thank A.J. Drew for his professionalism in sending out an SFRB of peppers. Due to a PayPal goof, he was provided with an old, out-of-state address which was long removed from my account. After a week or so, I sent him an email and he promptly replied that he'd send out another box. It arrived today in great condition! He also peppered the box with little, wild-looking yellow peppers. Since it wasn't his error, he didn't have to send another out - but did. PayPal was giving me the run around, and couldn't satisfactorily explain why an old address suddenly resurrected itself. Something about their database and certain websites ... blah, blah blah.

Thanks again!
-Todd

Got our mixed box and more seeds arrived Saturday awesome pods our kids love looking at all the cool pods. Easy transaction as always will be doing buisness again. Was hoping to get some of those aj's standing vipers but understand the pepper biz and mother nature but rest assured I will check em out one day. Lol thanks again for another awesome transaction

Double flattered someone is putting my name on them.  Like I said, not really sure what they are.  They were supposed to be Naga Viper years ago.  Send me a PM with your address.  There are so many people looking for exclusive this and that.  I just think it would be cool to have my name on a thing even if the thing is nothing special.  They really are beautiful, but again not sure if I just got taken advantage of years ago or if it is a naga viper gone sideways.  Either way, if you are seed saving then good luck getting the dna sorted for color.  Been kicking my butt for a while.

Overzealous me bought more ingredients than I needed so had to order 3 mistery boxes so gonna be a spicy episode of chopped, build my sauces and dusts depending upon what I get. I like my odds never been disappointed and bought a ton of peppers this year. Would do buisness with ajdrew all day every day. P.s still want those aj's standing viper lol. Thanks again for an easy transaction....

Unbelievably fast service and super high quality peppers arrived in my mailbox Friday from the Pre First Frost Sale. Many thanks, good sir, from a fellow Kentuckian!

bS5qxix.jpg

Just recieved the monster mixed box today. Awesome and thanks drew!!!

Btw, are the skinny yellowy orangey ones Aji amarillo? Aji pinnaple? Those are the only ones I can't fully verify.

Thanks again!!!

Kind of glad you can not figure out what they are.  I do not normally sell them.  Probably going to keep growing them so I can use them as packing peanuts along with other smaller peppers.  A few years ago, when Naga Viper was given the world record by Guinness I ordered seeds from a UK dealer.  I know the thing was unstable, but these seeds grew in different colors, all erect.  No clue what they were.  Been seed saving and trying to separate the colors but it seems pointless.  Been calling them standing vipers cause dont know what to call them.  Growing, they are really cool.  For an erect pepper, they are fairly hot.  Not sure if they sent me the wrong seeds or if they are some sort of sideways accidentally crossed goofy new thing that actually came from the Naga Viper.  Certainly doesnt look anything like a viper, but doesnt seem to fit anything else either.

I am stumped.

They look very similar to aji amarillo, I haven't tried one yet so can't comment on heat level or taste. Do the leaves look chinense at all, or possess chinense growth habits? I love upright growing peppers and I will grow out some seeds either indoors or wait for spring so mabey its a naga and some type of thai cross? The shoulders and calyx look very baccatum like, mabey a baccatum thai cross? Anyways.... Thank you sir, top notch service and I am going to try your erect viper now!!! ;-) lolol

Update... Just tried one. Delicious and did not expect that heat level! Smells just like a chinense and also the fruitiness. But, didn't have that typical chinense heat delay then build. That little guy bit hard and fast right on the tongue like a thai or hot annum would and the heat faded fast... I didn't taste that weird distinct baccatum taste at all. Hhhhmmmmmm... I liked it alot :-), that would make an awesome powder or dried flakes.

Just want to give a huge shout out to ajdrew, I've placed three, maybe four orders with him and man, the quality is amazing. By far my favorite fresh pepper vendor, I only wish he lived a bit farther south so I could order all year long. I'm enjoying a nice citrusy just-arrived White Ghost as I type this. Love the peppers, brother, bless you.  :clap: And if the frost stays away a few more days I hope to squeeze in another order or two.

Tardy,

Finished the high tunnel enough that the reaper patch should stick around for a bit.  Its not done, but it is close enough that I could close the ends off with plastic tonight.  We -think- we will escape actual frost tonight.  If it misses us tomarrow night also, we are good for a week but who really knows.  The weather report changes daily.  Still, staying up with a flash light to get orders out and bring things in.  By next year, hope to put a weather thing for our zipcode on the site so people can check.  Our zip is 40076 if you ever want to look it up.

On year round peppers, that is our goal.  Not just peppers, but food.  We probably grow most of what I eat.  Hard to get the kids to change their junk food diet, but working on it.  The high tunnel was the first move in that direction.  A sunken / pit green house is in the background.  Could probably get one up sooner, but want weird things inside it like a duck pond and duck o ponics.

1tom2go, you must have gotten in right before the first frost.  Pickings are getting so slim & I am not thrilled with what I can offer at this point.  Thank you for the compliments, but I really think I do much better earlier in the year.  About out of everything except for the green house reapers. 

Back