• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Dulce Leaf Crinkle

I have three Aji Dulce plants and they all have crinkled new leaves/growth and the rest of the leaves have some curl. No other discoloration. I've seen no pests on the underside of the leaves and no lesions on the leaves. It is only my Aji Dulces. None of my other varieties demonstrate this. According to the diagram below, it looks most like Ca2+ deficiency, but these plants receive the same nutes as my others. On the pest side, it resembles thrip or whitefly damage, but I've not seen any of these, either. Is this normal for Aji Dulces, or is there something going on with them? They seem to be growing just fine and are starting to bud, so I'm not really worried. Just wondering if there is something. Virus affecting the seeds from which they were grown? Don't know.

adcrinkle.jpg

Nutrient_deficiency.jpg

It also looks somewhat like over-fertilization, also called fert burn. What are you feeding it, how much, and how often?

I ususally use Fox Farms Grow Big 6-4-4. But they haven't received anything in about 2 months. Are Aji Dulces more sensitive to ferts than other varieties?

I got the same problem on about 50 plants all various strains , I've just tried sum gear so be a week I recon b4 any result can let u know if it works

got the same thing going on with california wonder bells.. just the new growth though... already gave em calmag and no improvement.. they all got fed the same.. and only 2 out of 5 have this .. for comparison though, this is my aji dulce in DWC
4e43m.jpg

ill up soem pics of the bells later

i know its kinda diff.. but its doing something weird to me too heh

1127iw8.jpg

dg7o.jpg

2ekkbrq.jpg

the third one is a cherry hot

4vh8b8.jpg

those are aji dulce .. mine are somewaht stunted and yellow-green.. all kinda weird stuff going on

got the same thing going on with california wonder bells.. just the new growth though... already gave em calmag and no improvement.. they all got fed the same.. and only 2 out of 5 have this .. for comparison though, this is my aji dulce in DWC
4e43m.jpg

ill up soem pics of the bells later

i know its kinda diff.. but its doing something weird to me too heh
any improvement with this? I have about 4 plants out of 40-50 showing same symptoms

Calcium has nothing to do with that issue, you folks may be looking at a mite problem. Broad or spider mites. You're going to need some kind of insecticide.

Back