• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Aji lemon drop?

In an effort to get a head start, I planted this seed a couple of weeks ago.  The packet said it was an Aji lemon drop, but the leaves are broad and almost heart-shaped, while all of the pictures I can find online show plants with much narrower leaves.  I know it's a little early, but what do you guys think?

KbowDVx.jpg

bcTk2Tn.jpg

kalimazoop said:
based on the leaf set I would say chinense. so no not lemon drop. 

That's pretty close to my guess, baccatum x chinense.  Most of the pepper seeds I've planted have turned out to be something other than what they were supposed to be, even though they've come from reputable vendors.  Is this normal?

The Aji's have similar leaf appearance to the Chinenses. I have grown Aji Lemon Drop yet.
I'd say its a 50/50 chance of either being Aji or Chinense. I do remember my Ajicito and my Aji Brazilian Starfish plant having Chinense like leaves.

megahot said:
The Aji's have similar leaf appearance to the Chinenses. I have grown Aji Lemon Drop yet.
I'd say its a 50/50 chance of either being Aji or Chinense. I do remember my Ajicito and my Aji Brazilian Starfish plant having Chinense like leaves.

The leaves do look like those of the Aji starfish, but the person I bought the seeds from doesn't sell that one.

Too early to tell for a baccatum, there's plenty of variance between the different types.

I'll even bet that there a few different strains of "aji limon" with some variance between them as well.

Back