• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Lemon Peppers...Let's See Em'!

I'm really hot for this pepper:lol:. If I had known about them, I would have grown some this year. So, since I have to wait until next year, a couple pics of Aji Lemon's from your pepper patch will go along way until next season.

So who's got em'? What is the taste and heat like? Any notes or observations on the plants growth?

I grew a couple last year. They produced a shitload of peppers and are very fruity and hot.

Picture278.jpg

Picture236.jpg

Picture041.jpg

I just harvested day before yesterday and they are getting ready to put another load on...

072808AjiLimon.jpg

Nice, AJ! Very healthy looking plants.

Out of curiousity, where do you get those black containers from? Are they 5 gallons? I notice a lot of forum members use them and I would like to pick-up some for next season. They seem to be very efficient.

PeteyPepper said:
Nice, AJ! Very healthy looking plants.

Out of curiousity, where do you get those black containers from? Are they 5 gallons? I notice a lot of forum members use them and I would like to pick-up some for next season. They seem to be very efficient.

Thanks Petey...they are growing pretty good...the raised bed behind them is 32 inches tall...

Yes they are 5 gallon (actually a little less..more like 4 or so but sols as 5). I got the containers at my local nursery...he ordered them for me and I paid a buck each...too bad I had to buy over 300 of them...one thing about them...they drain really well...actually too well IMO...had to tape up some of the holes on some of them...

Great plants, very bushy. My Lemon is just starting to sport the first flowers, so I may post some pics in a few weeks....

Back