• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

AJI LEMONS ROCK!!!!

a Great mixture for Lemon Buffalo Wing sauce

Lemon Peppers (duh ;) )
Garlic
Butter
Rice Vinegar

Eeven my friends that can't stand hot stuff have begged me to make more of this!

My plant is a MONSTER this year. It's sprawled all over the other plants, and whenever I'm picking habs, I inevitably run into some sprawling branch of Aji Lemon in the middle of the hab plant. I've got three bamboo stakes trying to hold up various parts of this plant, and it just keeps putting on fruit and bowing all over the place. I'll grow these again next year for sure, only with a much bigger radius and possibly a tomato cage to try and contain them.

Ballzworth said:
my mistake. there are a few.

Here's a little list of a few Aji plants that aren't C. Baccatum if you're interested. Aji is the Spanish word for pepper or chili BTW.

Aji Bravo - C. Frutescens
Aji Brown - C. Chinense
Aji Cachucha - C. Chinense
Aji Centro Americanos - C. Annuum
Aji Cereza - C. Annuum
Aji Charapa - C. Chinense
Aji Chombo - C. Chinense
Aji Chuncho - C. Frutescens
Aji Cuerno de Toro - C. Chinense
Aji De Boton - C. Chinense
Aji De Ratan - C. Frutescens
Aji Dulce 1 - C. Chinense
Aji Dulce 2 - C. Chinense
Aji Dulce 3 - C. Chinense
Aji Dulce 4 (PI 543188) - C. Chinense
Aji Dulce 5 (PI 257063) - C. Chinense
Aji Dulce Amarillo - C. Chinense
Aji Gusanito - C. Frutescens
Aji largo - C. Chinense This is also listed on some sites as C. Pubescens
Aji Limo Rojo - C. Chinense
Aji Mongol - C. Pubescens
Aji Panca - C. Chinense
Aji Pequante - C. Frutescens
Aji Peru - C. Chinense
Aji pimiento - C. Annuum
Aji Pinguita De Mono - C. Annuum
AjÌ Pucomucho - C. Chinense
Aji Puta Madre - C. Frutescens
Aji Reno - C. Annuum
Aji Rocoto (PI 355392) - C. Chinense
Aji Rocoto (PI 355811) - C. Pubescens
Aji Rocoto (PI 355812) - C. Pubescens
Aji Rojo, Puca ucho - C. Chinense I've seen this listed as C. Baccatum too.
Aji Rojo Diabolo - C. Chinense
Aji Rurrenabaque - C. Annuum
Aji Tamarindo - C. Chinense
Aji Umba Red - C. Chinense
Aji Umba Yelloe - C. Chinense
Aji Yuquitania - C. Chinense

FiveStar said:
My plant is a MONSTER this year. It's sprawled all over the other plants, and whenever I'm picking habs, I inevitably run into some sprawling branch of Aji Lemon in the middle of the hab plant. I've got three bamboo stakes trying to hold up various parts of this plant, and it just keeps putting on fruit and bowing all over the place. I'll grow these again next year for sure, only with a much bigger radius and possibly a tomato cage to try and contain them.

You're not lying about them being sprawling monsters. These have been even bigger than pictured (they were up past that light) but were cut all the way back to sticks on 7/7/09 and this pic is from about a week ago (roughly one month after being cut to nothing). Lanky vine-like branches too, now that they are loading up with pods I'm going to have lots of tying up to do.

3804897368_88b7294b24_b.jpg

biggest pepper (view from narrow side, it's wider the other way kinda tongue shaped)

3826164681_2d46989ae9_b.jpg

Man I can't wait till mine get mine going! This is killing me! Right now they are only little guys - about 6" tall. Seems like I'll only need 1 or two plants given the amount of production you guys are talking about.

Yup, they are serious producers. Mine haven't started to ripen all at once, and I've been picking the odd pod or two, but I suspect they'll come around soon. Truly more pods than I can count on my one plant.

I love the flavors of Aji Lemon, Aji Pineapple, Aji Angelo, and Aji Chinchi Amarillo as well. I buddy would make a wonderful fruity flavorful sauce using those with white habs. Although I couldn't find any Aji Lemon seeds this year I have some for next years harvest.

Web_Of_Hair said:
A new pepper I must seek for next year

I still have a seeds for the pineapple if you would like to trade. This are seeds I purchased and not seeds that have been harvested from the plant so there is no risk of a cross.

If anyone wants Aji Lemon Drop seed, I will have a crapload and a half before long. They should breed true, they are isolated indoors.

Txclosetgrower said:
If anyone wants Aji Lemon Drop seed, I will have a crapload and a half before long. They should breed true, they are isolated indoors.

I would like some if you have extra. I haven't isolated any of my current plants, but I do have extra seeds for most of them.

Back