• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Melocoton

I have two Aji Melocoton plants loaded with pods .
They have two different pheno types the one's on the smaller plants are closer to Judy's pic .
I know there going to be some diversity being new & I like the shape on the bigger plant thinking of saving seed form them.
I am wondering is anyone else is growing these & has anyone tried them yet?
If you tired them what is your thoughts on the flavor ?

Interesting? Right away I thought Aji White Fantasy, then I saw that second picture. Very cool. Do you happen to know the cross? Curious to taste. Let us know. 

SL3 said:
Interesting? Right away I thought Aji White Fantasy, then I saw that second picture. Very cool. Do you happen to know the cross? Curious to taste. Let us know. 
No I don't know what it is cross with it is one of pepperlover (Judy) new one's in her 2015 section.
I will sure let you know what I think of it when some are ripe.
The only other baccatums I tried was Jammy & Inca red drop that wicked mike s
sent waiting on these & Aji Brazilian Starfish to ripen.
Here is a link to Aji Melocoton

http://www.pepperlover.com/pepper-seeds/pepper-species/capsicum-baccatum/aj%C3%AD-melocot%C3%B3n-pl-detail

Reactions: SL3
I am growing Melacoton, I picked my first ripe one today.  I am not an expert taster so I cant comment about subtle overtones and all that jazz like the great Nigel Terry.  I will say the taste was very good, the heat slowly built but it never got very hot and It was well below a Jalapeno I think.

It had a very clean flavor, which I liked a great deal and no bad aftertaste at all.  I am sure it resembles the taste of something but I couldnt put my finger on it with only tasting/eating one single pepper.

Regards

30a73gh.jpg

The color is more peach when ripe if that helps. 

Hello guys!  :P Any updates on the aji melocoton? Some more heat or taste descriptions? I just got my seeds from Judy today.

My not Aji melocoton
At first I notice grass then it got sweeter & something else I can't put in words only bacctaumy had a bit of soapiness to it but what got me was this sharp heat that was delayed & did a surprise attack tongue & lip burn but peaked quick lingered some then went down
There was more heat at the core its about medium heat but as mention above does not last long

Plantguy76 said:
My not Aji melocoton
At first I notice grass then it got sweeter & something else I can't put in words only bacctaumy had a bit of soapiness to it but what got me was this sharp heat that was delayed & did a surprise attack tongue & lip burn but peaked quick lingered some then went down
There was more heat at the core its about medium heat but as mention above does not last long

Oh wow, very interesting! Too bad about the soapiness though.

Back