• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Aji Peppadew From Mike Hughes at Pepperchronicls

Aji Peppadew A Pod sent to me from Mike Hughes at Pepperchronicles. Check out Mikes reviews at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wrAdevkcfIXR5iFgkljhA

Flavor 8/10
Heat 0.2/10

What is a Peppadew pepper?

Peppadew peppers are a small, round, red fruit about the size of a cherry tomato and have a sweet and mild spicy flavor. Because of it's appearance, it is a common myth that a Peppadew is a cross between a pepper and a tomato. In fact, it is a pepper that can (apparently) only be found in South Africa. This uniquely fantastic fruit was first discovered in South Africa in 1993 and introduced to market later that same decade. The fruit is picked and than processed for removal of it's seeds to subdue the heat of the pepper to more palatable levels. Creating a sweet tantalizing flavor followed by a delicious, slightly spicy after thought. This process leaves the Peppadew at a heat factor of around 1,177 on the Scoville scale. If you are thinking of growing your own Peppadew pepper's, good luck. Peppadew is a registered trademark and they are very protective of this little gem of the pepper world. Apparently the seeds in which to cultivate Peppadew's are not being distributed to the general public at this time.   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UkFzbk5VTEo

I have seeds for that very same one, apparently the larger one is the rejected size and they don't "SEEM" have too much of a problem with people having those
THEY REJECT THE LARGER ONE BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE SIZE THEY WANT FOR PROCESSING, ALSO THE BRINE THEY USE IN PROCESSING IS A CLOSELY GUARDED SECRET, THEY FURTHER HIRE PEOPLE TO GUARD THERE PEPPER FIELDS WITH AK 47 RIFLES SO NO ONE CAN STEAL THEM, THEY DONT FOOL AROUND THEY HAVE SHOT AND KILLED PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN CAUGHT TRESSPASSING!!
the one you have there is the larger rejected size and actually taste the EXACTLY same as the accepted small one
I have fondly call it "PEPPADONT"

its very similar to a pepper I developed a few years ago called AJI BOLSA DE DULCE

GOOD REVIEW!!

thanks your friend Joe

AK47? Some crazy stuff indeed :shocked:

I was on the hunt for peppadew seeds, since I like those trademark peppadews stuffed with soft cheese in brine.

I bought Malawi Piquante seeds from RFC for the next season. From what I read, this is basically the same pepper under different name.

Joe, you say brine is a secret? Well, I will have to come up with something. Vinegar, sugar, salt and some spices will have to do just fine :)

ajijoe said:
I have seeds for that very same one, apparently the larger one is the rejected size and they don't "SEEM" have too much of a problem with people having those
THEY REJECT THE LARGER ONE BECAUSE IT IS NOT THE SIZE THEY WANT FOR PROCESSING, ALSO THE BRINE THEY USE IN PROCESSING IS A CLOSELY GUARDED SECRET, THEY FURTHER HIRE PEOPLE TO GUARD THERE PEPPER FIELDS WITH AK 47 RIFLES SO NO ONE CAN STEAL THEM, THEY DONT FOOL AROUND THEY HAVE SHOT AND KILLED PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN CAUGHT TRESSPASSING!!
the one you have there is the larger rejected size and actually taste the EXACTLY same as the accepted small one
I have fondly call it "PEPPADONT"

its very similar to a pepper I developed a few years ago called AJI BOLSA DE DULCE

GOOD REVIEW!!

thanks your friend Joe
Thanks for the info! Rejected or no,t it was a very tasty pepper. I have seen a lot of your peppers getting great reviews and would love to try some of them sometime!

Smokin James said:
Thanks for the info! Rejected or no,t it was a very tasty pepper. I have seen a lot of your peppers getting great reviews and would love to try some of them sometime!
your welcome and you know where you can find me

your friend Joe

Back