• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

baccatum Aji White Lightning Bolt

I'm starting this thread so if anyone is wondering what aji white lightning bolt is. I have added these seeds to the trump seed train and will be adding more to another seed train soon.

To those that do not know, last season I received some seeds from a seed train - THP member Bpiela.

They were labeled aji penec, but once they grew out we figured it was either a cross or possibly a mutation. (It's been racking my brain trying to figure out who the dad is.)LOL
Greatfully, we finally figured it out.

(Aji Penec X Aji Melocoton.)
These pods have there own unique shapes to them. They start off as a VERY light green and start turning an off whitish color, then if left long enough, they turn a creamish or very light peachish color. Some not all started to develop a purple hue to the pods only in the late season, around August or september +.
There's VERY little seeds in each pod. I have never noticed any soapy after taste in these. They have a great flavor and have medium baccatum heat.

I've never eaten either aji penec or aji melocoton, so I cannot compare them to this cross.

Below Are Some pictures snd some pods From the plant I grew this season.

If you need more space to grow out some of these seeds, I'll happily "volunteer" a few pots.  (And repay with postage $ or seeds if there's anything in my collection you're looking for.)

As a weather nerd, I find the lightning shape to be soooo cool!   And as a baccatum fan... YUM!

Geonerd said:
If you need more space to grow out some of these seeds, I'll happily "volunteer" a few pots.  (And repay with postage $ or seeds if there's anything in my collection you're looking for.)

As a weather nerd, I find the lightning shape to be soooo cool!   And as a baccatum fan... YUM!
Hey Geonerd,
Shoot me a PM with your address, I will hook you up for free.

WhiteLightningSeeds.jpg

Too cool, Steve!   :D

Got the seeds today.  Thank you, Steve!

I look forward to seeing how these develop.

"develop"  That's an odd word.  It just doesn't look right...as though there was some misfortune during it's development.

/\  What a nerd!     HAHAHAHAHA

cone9 said:
Got the seeds today.  Thank you, Steve!

I look forward to seeing how these develop.

"develop"  That's an odd word.  It just doesn't look right...as though there was some misfortune during it's development.
I'm glad your seeds arrived in great shape. Update me me onnce they develop. :)
Geonerd said:
We have convection!   :)
(Lightning to hopefully follow.)

WhiteLightning.JPG
dang, that sucker popped quick. Very cool!

Just put some seeds in the BioDome.  3 cells with 2 seeds each cell.  Hopefully we will have some Lightning on the East Coast!

I also put down some of the original seed in another 3 cells.  Hopefully, I can get another F1.  If not, then I will have some Aji Penec.

I got 3 seedlings and 2 new germinations... looking good...should find the right pheno with all those...

Did you pick seeds just from the pheno or from all peppers on the plant?

Back