• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AJs 2009 Concentrate/Puree 07-19-09

I think you still want the same pH whether you hot-pack, water can, or pressure can since you still likely need some shelf life once you open the jars

POTAWIE said:
I think you still want the same pH whether you hot-pack, water can, or pressure can since you still likely need some shelf life once you open the jars

Once opened mine hit the fridge; but yeah, if it takes you awhile to consume after opening a lower PH will help.

looks like the puree wagon is going to crank up again tomorrow, I should get about 30 half pints or so...

pics during the process will be posted...

am putting up salsa right now....got to use my tomatos before they ruin...

08-02-09 Puree 28 half pints

I had harvested peppers backing up on me so I had to get on the stick and make puree today...ended up with 28 half pints...my stack started to get off close to the top...nothing fell, thank god...

11 Superhot Mixed (Bhut Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Bih Jolokia, and Naga Morich)
8 7 Pot
5 Trinidad Congo
2 Fatalii
1 Red Fatalii
1 7 Pot + Fatalii Mix

080209d002.jpg

time to relax a bit....

Impressive AJ. That should be enough to get you through next season right there. And you have tons more pods coming. Drying time soon. :) Once pods start coming for me, I eat nothing but fresh ones. Sauces, dried and frozen peppers will keep, but fresh pods are fleeting.

great job there AJ - i love how the different peppers produce such difference color purees. where's the pic with your selves loaded?

Damn AJ, ever think of supplying the police department with pepper spray. :D

A little of that Naga concentrate goes a long way. I had some left over and it was too little to fill a jar so made some Naga-Q-Sauce with the leftovers and that stuff will blister paint. ;)

As a very old commercial used to say, "a little dab'll do ya". :onfire:

Welcome Robbie,

we just traveled through your neighborhood today!

AJ uses fresh pods and this is an old thread. There's a newer one around here some where. I'll try to find it and editin a link.

:welcome:

I'm working on the tablet and am copyu/paste challenged, but if you use the search function for
" making some puree today" and if you add AlabamaJack in the author tab, you will get the search results for this yearsthread about making puree.

Back