• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds AJs 2010 Season :5 weeks from first seed:

Silver_Surfer said:
Whew, you got a market for that many super hots AJ?

trying to develop it SS...there will be plenty of pods for sale come November...

gasificada said:
That is some crazy stuff, AJ! I'm really looking forward to following your grow season!

cool gas...I am sure there will be photos a plenty..

boutros said:
I like that greenhouse pic, shows a lot in a little space. How many years you been growing the 7's?

too bad the greenhouse is history...it couldn't stand up to the 12 inches of snow and colapsed...it will be going in the trash in about a week...this will be my third year growing 7s...

AlabamaJack said:
too bad the greenhouse is history...it couldn't stand up to the 12 inches of snow and collapsed
It is a crime when you get snow in Texas, maybe yall are taking that "Things are bigger in Texas" a little too far??? :D

maybe.....

naaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :rofl:

AJ, if it's any consolation the snow took out the roof on one of the commercial greenhouses this year. Made of glass but not sufficient for a LOT of snow on the roof. Fortunately it was the one they used for sales and not for growing. Still not repaired, maybe once it warms up some.

Is OK Jackie, didn't put me out of business and I am still about 2 weeks from needing it...I mean, I could use it now but it is not a necessitity...when I start transplanting again is when I will need it...unless I sell a S***load of plants in the next two weeks...

Looking real good AJ. As for your greenhouse, are you just going to replace the plastic or are you chucking the whole kittenkabootale?

My own seeds are all starting to show their heads. All of the sweets are up. Most of the milds are just starting to poke their heads up. Just a few of the super hots are poking up, I'll give them another 7 days to do something since it has only been about a week and half since they were put to rest. I should take some pictures, but I just got back up here, maybe if I can remember to bring the camera down there I'll snap some photos later.

Pepperfreak said:
Looking real good AJ. As for your greenhouse, are you just going to replace the plastic or are you chucking the whole kittenkabootale?

My own seeds are all starting to show their heads. All of the sweets are up. Most of the milds are just starting to poke their heads up. Just a few of the super hots are poking up, I'll give them another 7 days to do something since it has only been about a week and half since they were put to rest. I should take some pictures, but I just got back up here, maybe if I can remember to bring the camera down there I'll snap some photos later.

thanks PF...Haven't got the greenhouse figured out yet...most of the structure is bent or warped....probably will be trashed...

in the mean time here is a picture of what I will call superhot table...7 Pot, Bhut Jolokia, Trinidad Scorpion (closer shots of the scorpions posted on the appreciation thread...

030710a005.jpg

and if you see these, kill 'em....spotted cucumber beetle...

From Wiki: "The spotted cucumber beetle (Diabrotica undecimpunctata) is a major agricultural pest insect (see also cucumber beetle). In the adult form it eats and damages leaves of many crops, including cucumbers, soybeans, cotton, beans and many others. In the larval form, which is known as the southern corn rootworm, it tunnels through the roots of young plants, stunting or killing them. These native pests have a wide range of host plants, but will readily infest a field of crop plants, most notoriously corn.

Adult beetles are greenish-yellow with six large black spots on each elytron. They are about half a centimeter long. The larvae are yellowish and wormlike"

:pics are mine:

030510a002.jpg

030510a005.jpg

Looks like you caught the SOB as he was cruising the buffet table. Thanks for the heads up on them AJ.

Now is that 12 trays of 18 cups full of superhots you have going there? That is a boatload of heat. Best of luck with them.

15 X 18...thanks Patrick...got a bunch more coming too for hte next wave...probably 500

Just as a general info/ just wonderin' sorta question- if you had to pick between your bhuts and your 7's what would you grow?

7s, hands down....

better flavor and aroma and the heat is right there too...IMO

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that sir! I just gave my best and biggest bhut to a real good friend last night. He ain't gettin my 7's though, lol...

Of course I have backup sprouts, but you get the idea...

Lookin' forward to your season's pics!

cool Boutros...heres to a great growing season for you too my friend... :cheers:

thanks SS...if they don't buy, I won't have to start many more seeds... :lol:

I actually only plan on selling 200-300 of the superhots...

:fingers crossed:

AJ,

That is a beautiful sea of green. I am jealous of your skills!

My fiance' is warming up to raising peppers from seeds... she is asking more and more questions, so I can appreciate your wife being so cool about your pepper raising.

Love the pics. Always enjoy reading your posts.

Back