• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 20th Harvest 10-24-08, Largest Yet

Truly awesome AJ. With your inspiration (and seeds) I am going to grow many more varieties next year. Won't be 300 plants, but maybe someday. Well done my friend.

Tabasco Harvest 10-26-08 2550 grams

thanks again all...

and by the way, If Potawie had the climate I do, he would have harvested probably twice as much as I have...

I have picked tabasco peppers for 4 hours today and still have a few "less bearing" plants to pick...probably another 250 grams or so...

this is a pic of 2.55 Kg of tabasco peppers...

102608b001.jpg

brings this weekends total weight to a little over 15 Kg....

Not it is time to start canning...

Nice Job AJ. If you really did make mistakes as you mentioned...then just imagine what next year has in store. For making mistakes, you had an incredible harvest...thanks for sharing. Your charts crack me up brother! Thumbs up from me for sure!!!!:lol::lol::hell:

Nice tobasco harvest AJ. Has me thinking about me and my buddies eating malaguetas all night with our beers and trying to play macho.

AlabamaJack said:
I have picked tabasco peppers for 4 hours today and still have a few "less bearing" plants to pick...probably another 250 grams or so...

Remember we had that brief discussion about Tabasco chilies and how I might be adding another row. Well...I caved after seeing this pick of your harvest. There were a few other varieties I had been considering including Charleston Hot and Numex Big Jim. I decided just to go for it.

Josh...I don't know how many plants in a row you are talking about but the majority of these came off 4 plants...I sure as the devil wouldn't want to harvest 20 plants...it would take 3 days to harvest them...

AlabamaJack said:
Josh...I don't know how many plants in a row you are talking about but the majority of these came off 4 plants...I sure as the devil wouldn't want to harvest 20 plants...it would take 3 days to harvest them...
Hey AJ, pick up that new book; "Pepper Harvesting" by Edward Sissorhands.

hehe

NatGreenMeds said:
Hey AJ, pick up that new book; "Pepper Harvesting" by Edward Sissorhands.

hehe

:lol: Your mad in a good way..A.j You need a harvesting machine to take the load of you..what a harvest :hell:

That's funny. I'm going to have my largest harvest soon, too.

My Naga and Fatalii are EXPLODING with pods. I took the plants into my basement a couple weeks ago so they could ripen. Whoever would have thought I'd be having fresh peppers in NOVEMBER??

AlabamaJack said:

Hahha oh no just one tabasco plant. I would not dare grow an entire row of those. I meant I was considering adding another row of different types of chilies of which one would be Tabasco. I caved and now will be adding a few more.

Wow AJ, you've earned the awesome harvest and all the praise with all of your hard work!

So, I haven't been around for a while, but I know you've got TONS of different kinds of chiles growing. Dare I ask, what's your favorite for both flavor and heat so far?

- Eric, getting settled finally in Germany, and finally got Internet!

again, thanks all...

lost...if you ever get down this way, come on by....there will be cold shiner in the refrigerator or ice chest and plenty of peppers (may not be fresh unless you come during grow season) to eat....

for flavor and heat combined, I have to go with the 7 Pot...it is wicked hot and very very fruity/citrusy...you can smell a fresh cut one from about 15 feet away....

Back