• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 21st Harvest 10-31-08

You really have it down to a science. I can't even imagine a 20 lbs harvest. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

AlabamaJack said:
...9 months and 12 days until retirement then I can play at gardening...

Have you considered how large your harvests will be when you can divert even more time to growing? You might check with your zoning department to make sure commercial gardening is allowed...:lol: :)

Thanks for all the nice comments all...it has been a labor of love this year...

Josh said:
Are the orange thais any good? I am growing thai super hot next year.

I love the Orange Thais...they have a good bite to them and taste pretty good too...I use them as part of my basic pepper powder mix...

chilliman64 said:
you beat me to it Patrick - that is an impressive mound of Red Savs!

nice croppage AJ - you sure have a green thumb. now what are you going to do with all those pods? the dehydrator will be working overtime that's for sure.

the red savinas have done pretty well this year and it looks like I will get another good harvest this coming saturday...mother nature has been good to me this year as far as weather goes...

the dehydrator has been running 24/7 for the past three weeks with no end in sight...I started making concentrate with the superhots last friday, then made 8 8 0z jars of strawberry orange habanero jelly and 9 12 ounce jars of jalapeno jelly sunday...this coming weekend there will be a lot more concentrate to be made...I tried to make pickled peppers with some of them...the taste is wonderful but the peppers are pretty mushy...probably comes from pressure canning...

Wow AJ, never saw a crop like that !!!! You really must be dead tired after all that labour !
Congratulations once again ! :hell:

AlabamaJack said:
I love the Orange Thais...they have a good bite to them and taste pretty good too...I use them as part of my basic pepper powder mix...

Awesome...hopefully I am as happy with the Thai Super Hots...

Hmmmm another pepper for me to pursue... AJ I hope I am doing your care package justice on my other threads. Thanks again buddy.

Back