• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 22nd Harvest 11-07-08

AlabamaJack said:
thanks Jackie, I hope you guys up north don't think I am rubbin' it in...I am very fortunate to live where I do with a long grow season...

We don't mind AJ, love to see what we could be getting lol. We live vicariously on your pepper harvests.

chilehunter said:
AJ - WOW ;) thats another very impressive harvest!!!

it'll be good for the deer hunters down south this weekend (firearms opener) up here we didnt get much just some light rain today & a mix of sleet but that wasnt til around 5pm & on

that'll be the highs for my area all week long, then its only going down more.

Yes CH the hunters will love it today, hubby said the deer were out last night when he was on his route. He picks up the papers and shopping weeklies from the print shop and takes them to the small towns around us for distribution. It was snowing and blowing, late getting done. Today is nice, little snow nothing major.

22nd Harvest Part Two

Here is a pic and list of the second part of my harvest...this pushes me over 100 lbs harvested in the last 4 weeks and pushed the 2nd year Orange Habanero to over 1500 pods...

110808a001.jpg

list top to bottom is pic top right to left...

AJs22ndHarvest11-07-08PartTwoList.jpg

I suppose next year, I can plan to harvest the majority of my pods in October...

I was just trying to figure that out since I just started weighing about 3 weeks ago...just weighed all the dehydrated pods I have and that is a little over 8 pounds...if what they say is true and pods lose 95% of their weight dehydrating that is about 160 pounds + the 100 for the past month that is 260 so I am going to guess roughly 300 pounds...I had a lot of annuums early....

Man that's amazing. It's always cool to have more than your body weight's worth of peppers. I'd like to see what that would look like in one big assed pile, i'd probably just have to jump in :)

Next year you should log everything and compile stats at the end. Any other somewhat nerdy chile-heads should participate as well and we could start like a knowledge base so you could see what affects what......*nerdgasm* ;)

I definitely will keep more detailed records next year...harvested weight being one of the categories...

Back