• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Harvest #7 07-26-09

patrick said:
Simply amazing AJ. 40 pounds of peppers and you're just getting started. I hope the weather cooperates the rest of the year for you AJ. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Patrick...it looks like to me if my plants were producing as well as a lot of other folks, I would have more than 40 lbs...you have to remember, I have about 225 - 250 plants...

POTAWIE said:
Good haul AJ. You're going to need a bigger dehydrator and a bigger magic bullet soon:)

Thanks P...the dehydrator is running 24/7 and you are right about the MB...I am just starting to smell the windings getting hot...its got that typical "hot electric" smell to it...

origamiRN said:
Very impressive. Curious, How much 7pot do you put into the bloody mary?

Thanks origami...I use 1/2 tsp (~2.5 ml) per half gallon of bloody marys....sometimes 3/4 tsp...and it is deliciously hot...

Just Awesome!
Thats all I can think to say.

If that glass on the table is an indicator, it seems you are a man that likes good beer.
I like most of the Goose Island beer they make.
However, I prefer to make my own.

Allen

42.5 lbs! and that's only so far.....holy peppers AJ!!

i haven't even picked 42.5 pods yet let along lbs.

you truly have a gift for growing peppers and it shows.

-PP

Ratdz said:
Just Awesome!
Thats all I can think to say.

If that glass on the table is an indicator, it seems you are a man that likes good beer.
I like most of the Goose Island beer they make.
However, I prefer to make my own.

Allen

thanks Allen...the beer glass is one of my wifes that she brought into the marriage...I have never actually tasted the beer...wife is from Chicago..

Noshownate said:
how is that hungarian death? sounds hot.
do you have a picture of the plant and the pod by any chance?

they have pretty good heat...somewhere between a cayennne and super chili me thinks...they get about 3 inches long and are cone shaped...grow green and ripen red...and taste dang good...will take some pics this evening when I get home...

peter pepper said:
42.5 lbs! and that's only so far.....holy peppers AJ!!

i haven't even picked 42.5 pods yet let along lbs.

you truly have a gift for growing peppers and it shows.

-PP

thanks PP...but like I said earlier...I have somewhere around 250 plants...

thepodpiper said:
AJ, you are surely having another good season. Way to go.

thanks Dale...the weather has been kind so far this year...we had a stretch of hot days (over 100F) but the last of July we have been getting rain and the temps have slacked off a bit....

Hungarian Death...these are the hungarian death pods I said I would post a pic of...these are almost ready...the pod at the top is a hungarian wax from a plant next to the HDs

073109a004.jpg

Always looking good AJ. You continue to haul in some impressive numbers of peppers. You worked hard, and deserve it!

thanks RJC...it's all worth it in the end....

Holy bloody Moly AJ....I salute the greatness that is you dear sir....:lol:

Very impressive. You have the art of growing chillis sorted out perfectly....I'm only about a month away from planting outside so you are keeping me inspired..... Thanks for the pics

thanks moy...I have learned a lot from this forum...

nice site aj with those peppers the amish one. i like the bulls horn pepper definatley want to try that one as well any of you guys grow that variety?

Holy hell batman... thats quite a harvest already. :shocked:

Just curious.. does the Hungarian Death go by a different name? Have seen something like that before... But the guy said it was something different.

Also, what heat level are we talkin ;)

Back