• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

alkhall 2018

Started my list:

[SIZE=14pt]Apocalypse Chocolate - RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Bhutlah BBG7 Chocolate- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Chocolate Reaper- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Death Spiral- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]MRM 7 Brown Peachy- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Naglah Beast Chocolate- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Skunk Red- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Venezuelan Tiger- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wrecking Ball 7 Brown- RFC[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]7-Pot Cinder – BHUTER[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Brown Large Scorpion cross – MINE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Chocolate Reaper/Scorpion – (2017 saved seed)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Red (NOT C)PR – OVERWINTERED PLANT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Mystery Purple – OVERWINTERED CLONE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Might add a few more.[/SIZE]

TrentL said:
Congrats on the newborn! 

Hope this year goes well for you!

Thanks.

Twelve says since starting seeds, time for a status update. I put two seeds in each coir plug, two plugs per variety.

Here is a list of time-to-hook for the seeds:

[SIZE=14pt]Variety[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]                                                                                   Days for at least one to hook*[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Apocalypse Chocolate – RFC                                                               11/12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Bhutlah BBG7 Chocolate- RFC                                                              10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Chocolate Reaper- RFC                                                                           8/9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Death Spiral- RFC                                                                                     9/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]MRM 7 Brown Peachy- RFC                                                                  11/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Naglah Beast Chocolate- RFC                                                                11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Skunk Red- RFC                                                                                      10/12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Venezuelan Tiger- RFC                                                                          10/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wrecking Ball 7 Brown- RFC                                                                    9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]7-Pot Cinder – BHUTER[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Jay’s Red Ghost Scorpion – BHUTER[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Brown Large Scorpion cross – MINE                                                11/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Chocolate Reaper/Scorpion – (2017 saved seed)                           11/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Bhutlah – (2017 saved seed)                                                                10/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Nagabrains Chocolate Strain 1 – WHP                                               10/11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]CPR – WHP                                                                                                 11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Trinidad Scorpion Moruga UV Chocolate – WHP                              11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Big Black Mama cross – (2017 saved seed)                                       12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]7-Pot Chocolate Bubblegum – Kearley Seed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Ecuadoran Hot Lemon Cayenne – Burpee                                        6/7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Big Guy Jalapeno – Burpee                                                               10/10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Chocolate NagaBrain  (RFC)                                          [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Gnarly Red Primo – (2017 saved seed)                                              11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Big Caramel Mama (Primos Peppers)                                                10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]California Wonder Bell – Burpee                                                        9/11[/SIZE]

*TWO NUMBERS INDICATE AT LEAST ONE SEED IN EACH PLUG HOOKED.

Today both plugs with the 7-Pot Cinder have a hook, and one of the JRGS has a hook.

Overall, I would say that is good for 13 days.

Only the Chocolate NagaBrain and 7-Pot Chocolate Bubblegum have not had at least one hook. I grew the NagaBrains in 2016, and one hooked after 9 days, but the other took 19 days, so I am hopeful. This is the first year growing the 7-Pot Chocolate Bubblegum.

First pic of 2018:

Yx6M8nd.jpg

One week later, really starting to take off:

3Y9gt7L.jpg

Since adding two Eye Hortilux Power Veg FS+UV lamps, I have noticed the leaves appear to be darker green than they were with only the Spectralux 6500K.

Although, I cannot say they are growing any better/faster/bigger. However, it is still early, updates to follow.

Thanks for looking, hoping everyone has a great season.

alkhall said:
One week later, really starting to take off:

3Y9gt7L.jpg

Since adding two Eye Hortilux Power Veg FS+UV lamps, I have noticed the leaves appear to be darker green than they were with only the Spectralux 6500K.

Although, I cannot say they are growing any better/faster/bigger. However, it is still early, updates to follow.

Thanks for looking, hoping everyone has a great season.

Looking really good Al! The first 5-6 weeks you won't see much difference in size with and without the FS+UV, but as the plants get more surface area in the leaf canopy you'll see the ones under the UV lights pulling away. What light schedule are you using? I've got mine on an 18 on/ 6 off cycle. 

stickman said:
Looking really good Al! The first 5-6 weeks you won't see much difference in size with and without the FS+UV, but as the plants get more surface area in the leaf canopy you'll see the ones under the UV lights pulling away. What light schedule are you using? I've got mine on an 18 on/ 6 off cycle. 
Thanks.

I use 16 on, 8 off schedule.

Hey, Al!

What a huge difference in just one week. You've really gotten things dialed in. I look forward to seeing your progress because you're gonna have a killer year. Awesome!

-Adam

Bhuter said:
Hey, Al!

What a huge difference in just one week. You've really gotten things dialed in. I look forward to seeing your progress because you're gonna have a killer year. Awesome!

-Adam
Adam,

Thanks.

Glad to see you back on the forum.

I was checking your glog a minute ago, looks like you have some real killers as well.

I cannot wait to try one of your 7-Pot Cinder.

Best of luck.

stickman said:
Looking good Al! How are you liking your light setup as compared to last year?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Looking back at pics I took last year of plants at approximately the same age, I notice last years plants were a little taller, but not the dark green I am seeing this year.

Overall, the Eye Hortilux lamps appear to be doing a good job.

I really need to get six of the FS+UV lamps and put them in my other six-lamp fixture, and do a hook-to-plantout comparison against six of the Spectralux 6500K. A project for next year.

alkhall said:
Looking back at pics I took last year of plants at approximately the same age, I notice last years plants were a little taller, but not the dark green I am seeing this year.

Overall, the Eye Hortilux lamps appear to be doing a good job.

I really need to get six of the FS+UV lamps and put them in my other six-lamp fixture, and do a hook-to-plantout comparison against six of the Spectralux 6500K. A project for next year.
Glad to hear you're getting better color and shorter internodal length. You must have cooler temps in your grow area than I do since mine have a bit longer length. The eye Hortalux people say that a 50/50 mix with 6500k bulbs is good for an 18 on/6 off light schedule, but if you go with all FS+UV tubes then they suggest you reduce the "on" time to avoid crisping the foliage.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

alkhall said:
Two weeks since last pic.

1I3HjyX.jpg

Overwintered (Red) CPR. Probably needs a little trim here and there.

n3Km17d.jpg
Holy cow! I remember that red CPR from last year. It has gnarly, wrinkled and blistered pods. I didn't know you overwintered it. It's looking great and the little gals are growing fantastically! You're right on track. Nice stuff!

Managed to get a few passes through the raised bed with the Roto-Tiller after work before the rain came.

Try to finish off in the morning.

Three weeks to go until plant out.

rKhzZmK.jpg

Started hardening off; Sunday 4 hours of indirect sun/shade, Monday the same, today (Tuesday) first direct sunlight for about an hour and then three hours of indirect sun/shade.

HflOpc0.jpg

I will add an hour of sun each day for the next week, and then they are outside for good.

Plant out Memorial Day weekend, weather permitting.

alkhall said:
Started hardening off; Sunday 4 hours of indirect sun/shade, Monday the same, today (Tuesday) first direct sunlight for about an hour and then three hours of indirect sun/shade.

HflOpc0.jpg

I will add an hour of sun each day for the next week, and then they are outside for good.

Plant out Memorial Day weekend, weather permitting.
Everything is looking stellar as usual!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Great healthy looking plants. The raised beds amendments are they spread throughout the season or do you mix them all up prior to planting ... Crab Meal great name for a fertiliser does it contain crushed crab shell

Back