• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

All things breaks...

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     This thread makes me wish I still had a Hifonix Odin and a pair of SoundStream 12s.  :tear:
I never let go of my music gear. That is one thing my wife will compromise on me with my pack rat tendencies, lol! I still have my DJM 600 that has seen more crazy parties/festivals that can be explained in it's life. I've replaced the crossfader twice, and upfaders on channels 1,2,3,and 4 once. It's still holding up quite nicely! I plan on mounting it in my kitchen, along with a nice system, once I buy a new house. The only downside to it is no direct MIDI control, which is the reason I replaced it a while back. My rokit 8's have been champions, since my move to NOVA.

I quit before getting into mixing CD's, but the beat up Rane I bought from one of the club's I setup lighting for never gave way, so the only mixer I ever had was a two channel Rane, and a pair of 1200's ...

grantmichaels said:
I quit before getting into mixing CD's, but the beat up Rane I bought from one of the club's I setup lighting for never gave way, so the only mixer I ever had was a two channel Rane, and a pair of 1200's ...
I still have my 1200's, but got forced out of them like everyone else playing clubs/festies in the mid 2000's. I have a pair of CDJ 800MK2's that have worked like a champ since I bought them damn near a decade ago. I use my DJM 2000 nexus and Ableton mainly nowadays, but I stopped playing parties/festies a few years after moving to the East Coast, due to worries about comitting some type of ethics/policy violations with my company. I stripped down my soundcloud page completely. The side money from DJ'ing isn't even close to worth losing my job over, lol! Plus the late nights...

I fucking love the direction this thread is taking. Thank you sirex! (And all you breakbeat weirdos!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqprTVdB_Yo&index=3&list=PLXe2F21gJipy6th6rJdL7bnrTt8gUnxWf

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I still have my 1200's, but got forced out of them like everyone else playing clubs/festies in the mid 2000's. I have a pair of CDJ 800MK2's that have worked like a champ since I bought them damn near a decade ago. I use my DJM 2000 nexus and Ableton mainly nowadays, but I stopped playing parties/festies a few years after moving to the East Coast, due to worries about comitting some type of ethics/policy violations with my company. I stripped down my soundcloud page completely. The side money from DJ'ing isn't even close to worth losing my job over, lol! Plus the late nights...

After getting popped for 5k pills, it just wasn't as much fun anymore ;)
I hear ya on the Ableton, though ...

Reason and Ableton covers my needs at this point in time ...

I have a half-finished Barrington boot in-process, that I haven't finished in the past year ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8oY4j1ktA

grantmichaels said:

I have a half-finished Barrington boot in-process, that I haven't finished in the past year ...

Damn, 5K illies! I always kept those to a minimum. I just snapped a pic of what was plugged in right now. I also have the Ableton Push and an Akai MPD218 for midi, aside from the DJM2000 Nexus, which is an amazing Midi controller by itself. I snuck in a chocolate brainstrain for good measure.
grantmichaels said:

Damn, 5K illies! I always kept those to a minimum. I just snapped a pic of what was plugged in right now. I also have the Ableton Push and an Akai MPD218 for midi, aside from the DJM2000 Nexus, which is an amazing Midi controller by itself. I snuck in a chocolate brainstrain for good measure.

Attachments

• 20160516_211657.jpg
    20160516_211657.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 58
Thegreenchilemonster said:

Well, you know how that goes, first you sell them 100 ...

Then they ask for progressively increasing amounts until they feel like popping you ...

You don't know it's a DEA fucter when your friend (who is also your girlfriend's boss) brings them to your house ...

By the time they'd had enough, I'd made it to 5.75k ...

Oh well, part of my life, I guess ... now I'm able to explain white privilege really easily, so there's that ... and I'm alive and gainfully employed and doing okay, which might not be true had I continued focusing on that scene ...

I only ended up with 6 months house arrest and 3 yrs probation (of which I only had to serve two years before being let go early due to budget cuts in the probation office) ...

Back