• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
All this talk has got me almost beside myself...I am anticipating my superhots getting ripe....lord, lord, I am anxious...here are 4 fair pics of:

Dorset Naga

073108aDorsetNaga.jpg

Bih Jalokia

073108aBihJalokia.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion

073108aTrinidadScorpion.jpg

7 Pot

073108a7Pot.jpg

Everybody that's got superhots getting big...post them so we can look at the pod shape differences between the same variety...

Potawie...I would love to see another pic of that Bangaladeshi Naga...I bet it is almost ripe....

Shootem and postem guys...

Lucky you A.J you live in worm climate in Texas so your pods doing good I live in Ohio Northeast my pods want ripe till and of Septemer.

The newer pods on my Bangladesh naga aren't looking as impressive but most are still growing so we'll see. If they keep growing big I'm going to call them the big bang(Bangladesh) nagas
Here's my cool Bangladesh naga pod beside a naga morich

Thanks P3 & 915

Good Lord O'Mighty...that is a huge pod and wicked looking too....great going P...

hoping some others pick up on this thread and post some pics...I know everyone is posting on their own threads tho...just kinda wishin we could get them all together for comparison...oops....ramblin' again...

Well, today is my off Friday, on my second Shiner, gonna go to a Habby Horse and DefCon DMII bloody mary here in a minute...gotta play a gig tonight...White Elephant Saloon...9 PM...we gonna rock the house...don't know why, but this is usually our best performance...we just feel comfortable there...may have something to do with playing 30 gigs a year there tho...hmmmmmmmmmmm

AJ,

I would post some shots but my peppers are on loan just now. Most of my superhots have decent size pods on them. When I get them back Monday, I'll shoot some pix. I was going to post a picture of the display but I'll have to wait and take a picture tonight. Too much light at the top for my digital to compensate for.

Mike

nice pods Klyth...I only have about 3 or 4 coming on now but will post a pic in a little while...

Monday pics are cool Mike...I bet we are going to see a bunch of different pod shapes from the different areas we all are in...

picture010jx0.jpg

just cut this off couldn't wait. de-seeded, and cut off 1mm of chile for my friends and i. 1mm by 3 mm wide. OW!!!!!! my lips burn my tongue burns. i haven't even finished 80% of the chile!! it is either scorpion or 7pot, other pods on the plant look like this
picture011zd8.jpg

picture013xc7.jpg

and the piece i tried that made me go OW!!!
img0235al9.jpg

seriously the hottest pepper i've tried and it was just that small piece, the rest of that chile went in to my bottle of Russian Standard Vodka. $30 A Litre. best vodka i've ever had. if you can find it i recommend it, and if you know someone with a liquor store and you get vodka, tell him you will buy it from their store if they order it. seriously. mmm that shits gonna be spicy!!!

good pics TPP...

Chiliac...I assume you will post a couple here when you get ripe pods?..

AlabamaJack said:
All this talk has got me almost beside myself...I am anticipating my superhots getting ripe....lord, lord, I am anxious...here are 4 fair pics of:

Everybody that's got superhots getting big...post them so we can look at the pod shape differences between the same variety...

Potawie...I would love to see another pic of that Bangaladeshi Naga...I bet it is almost ripe....

Shootem and postem guys...

Heres one of my Naga Morich. The plant has a lot of cooler shaped pods but this one is closest to ripe. Just started to ripen this AM. Will post a better pic next week when fully ripe before I harvest it

naga9.jpg

thanks AJ :). they seem quite pale to me but omg i know they are atleast related to trinidad 7pot and scorpion the face burn if finally over about now. i donno how long that was but it was inbetween face burns post and now.

i can't wait to try a ripe one! i have a couple growing in hydro once they catch up to the giant chocolate hab i am scared of the possibilities of their burn. i hope that vodka i have is good in a week or so. i got some chiles from the local farmers market btw some hungarian wax aniheim and thai, the first two were awesome!! i'm jelious you have some and i don't:). i saved some seeds from some crazy looking ones.

teh purple penguins said:
picture010jx0.jpg

just cut this off couldn't wait. de-seeded, and cut off 1mm of chile for my friends and i.

If you de-seeded and removed the white membrane the seeds are attached to, you discarded the hottest part of the pod. That membrane(placenta) is deadly.

Try eating a piece from the stem end without cleaning it.

Then you can talk about how hot the pepper is :hell:

OHHH I hate it. SO SORRY!

We are all packed for a trip, and the camera is buried......

Those ebay nagas that are 2 inches long? One is turning yellow......

Lol, I am thrilled. They are so frigging hot. If ait is a naga crossed with a golden bullet hab or something, great! SORRY! I CAN'T GET THE CAMERA!!!!!!!

Skyjerk said:
If you de-seeded and removed the white membrane the seeds are attached to, you discarded the hottest part of the pod. That membrane(placenta) is deadly.

Try eating a piece from the stem end without cleaning it.

Then you can talk about how hot the pepper is :hell:

since when did i say i took out the membrane, the piece that i cut off was actually only for size comparison, there were only 3 seeds in it anyway, and i don't think i have to eat the whole thing to understand that i haven't ever had a chile hotter than it. i'm not hardcore enough to take that whole thing at once, a single orange hab yes, a baby naga/scorpion/7pot replaces the hottest chile i've ever had being an orange hab, not hard to beat that. and i don't really plan on keeping the seeds in my superhots as they don't seem to have many and i don't want to have to ask bowhunter formore :).

your name seems to be pretty accurate to have to post that.

Back