• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

Resistance is Futile!!!!

AJ, please go back to your regular avatar. Just what Iggy warns everybody about, this "herd" mentality, and now he encourages this? Moooo...The avatar is there to help put a face with a name. You all are very confusing I have to admit.

talas said:
You can see where im going an indian or burmese or bangladesh my have bought them back to trinidad anytime between 1845 to the present and explains all these hot chilis from such a small island..just an idea and im sure trinni could fill in some blanks :)

I think that is the generally accepted theory of how the super hots came to Trinidad.

My theory is that they are all variations of the same chiles. I see almost all of the shapes in this thread on my Naga plants alone including the "tails".

The "Douglah" I find very interesting. Possibly a cross of a chocolate (Congo) hab and a super hot? Makes sense if you consider the mixing of African and Indian cultures in the West Indies.

BTW, stunning pictures all around. Great job folks!

Chuk Hell i think your spot on there is definetly a connection there my friend and i think Douglah was Choc congo/7pot cross but i maybe wrong :)

POTAWIE said:
Yes, there is a thread about it somewhere;)
;)

Who would have thought it! Going from hoping that my superhots would someday ripen, to being overrun with 7POTs and Nagas! And now my scorpions are on the verge of being ripe!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

C.Chinense(;)) Out the Yin Yang!!

:) I am in a pepper induced coma of happiness. It is a miracle I can type. I am just sitting here with a hollow eyed grin, drool dripping from the side of my mouth and burning a hole in the desk.......
Ahhhhhh! It is definitely pay off from all of my hard work time.

*Nice avatar AJ!*

I didn't think I could ripen them to their full color in Michigan, but I was wrong. This pod was accidentally left on a plant. I can detect a higher heat level just smelling. The transition from orangish / red to pure red must generate more heat!! :)

Chris

P1070460.jpg

P1070464.jpg

its only the start of the spring here but my pet naga is looking good, actually has a few decent sized pods forming already, Bring on Christmas

DSCF1969.jpg

Oh how I love that time of year. :) Spring is gone...now we have 6 months of coldish hellish winter to look forward to. Can you tell I despise Winter? lol.

Chris

healthy looking Naga Stillz...it must be nice to have fresh pods for Christmas...

It looks like pepper #2 was having fun with pepper #1.

Lemme guess, they finished "making some sauce" and pepper #1 wants to cuddle and pepper #2 just rolled over... :twisted:

QuadShotz said:
It looks like pepper #2 was having fun with pepper #1.

Lemme guess, they finished "making some sauce" and pepper #1 wants to cuddle and pepper #2 just rolled over... :twisted:

Yeah and pepper #3 felt all embarrassed and left out so looked to pepper #4 and thought , "Uh, maybe not, you're a little porky for my liking".

Back