• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Almost killed everything!!!

Left last Thursday morning and just got back to my house tonight so gone just about 8 days.

Wednesday night I had transplanted 11 seedlings that had popped and were about 2" tall from my seed starter into solo cups.

Also had my 4 Reapers that were doing pretty well save for some edema from over watering.  I hadnt watered them in at least 2 or 3 weeks to try to get them to recover from the edema.  They looked great.  I gave them a half gallon of water each before I left.

Came back tonight and checked out my seed starter.  Had 8 seeds read to transplant and 2 that had popped, but had gotten cooked.  I think my seed starter sits at a slight angle on the towel and the water all runs to one side of the tray.

Opened up my grow tent and 7 of the 11 seedlings I transplanted last week were dead(not really surprised).  3 looked real good(2 Jays Peach Ghost and 1 BOC) and 1 looked like it is still barely alive(BOC).  I watered the 4 of them REALLY well.  Then took the other cups out, threw out the dead seedling, re-labeled the cups and transplanted the good seedlings out of the seed starter.  Gave the soil a good soaking.  Lost all of the Aji Sugar Rush(4) a Jays Peach Ghost and 2 or 3 BOC.  Re-planted 4 new Aji(2 havent germinated yet).  Cooked 2 of the Aji Pineapple and 4 havent germinated yet so I replanted 2 new Aji Pineapple.  I got 100% germination on the Jays.  80% on the BOC.  4 out of 6 Aji Sugar and 2 out of 6 on the Aji Pineapple.

3 of the 4 reapers looked like they were on the verge of DEATH.  Completely wilted.  I gave them a half gallon each, worked with the seedlings a bit, gave them another half gallon, worked a little more, then a final half gallon.  Soil was so dry the water was just running right through.  Ill watch them for a few days.  might have to take them outside and give them a good hosing down to get the soil completely re-hydrated.  Im sure they will survive, they just look terrible.  1 of the 3 looks great.  A little tiny bit wilty, but not like the other 3.

Wish I had come back to better looking plants and didnt have to spend an hour messing with them all, but I expected all the seedlings to be dead.

Back