• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Almost made a huge mistake tonight

So I was figuring out how many plants were going to fit in one of my new raised beds and figured that there were going to be 3 or four extra spots, couldn't let that happen, so off to the local greenhouse I went. This is only my second season, so I am growing many varieties to see what I like best. Anyway, I had a four pack of hot bananas in my hand on the way to check out when I took a closer look .... APHIDS everywhere. Needless to say they did not come home with me. I am going to have nightmares about those little bastards.

So I was figuring out how many plants were going to fit in one of my new raised beds and figured that there were going to be 3 or four extra spots, couldn't let that happen, so off to the local greenhouse I went. This is only my second season, so I am growing many varieties to see what I like best. Anyway, I had a four pack of hot bananas in my hand on the way to check out when I took a closer look .... APHIDS everywhere. Needless to say they did not come home with me. I am going to have nightmares about those little bastards.

Whoa!! That would have been bad!
That's unpleasantly surprising.

Good catch!!! and great eye!!
That would have been terrible to introduce them nasties to your healthy peppers!

Kevin

Thanks, yes that would have been bad. To think you spend all winter babying your plants, then almost let someone elses inferior plants ruin them. I should have complained, but I was so disgusted I almost ran out of there. Gave me the willys.

Who runs this "nursery"? They need a good lesson in customer service, kinda like a hamburger joint that sells burgers that eat themselves.
Not happy Jan!

Ya know what i would do? Well i will tell you.

I would look around that "nursery" and find some neem, detergent whatever then i would find a spray bottle.
Before they could say holy bejebus i would be spraying their plants!

Ya know what i would do? Well i will tell you.

I would look around that "nursery" and find some neem, detergent whatever then i would find a spray bottle.
Before they could say holy bejebus i would be spraying their plants!
:rofl:

:nursery owners look out and see some random guy out there spraying all their plants with who-knows-what:

After I heard a similar story, I check every single plant we buy now whether it is a flower, veggie, or whatever. Have never had aphids and don't want aphids :)

I don't think I could handle an aphid problem. Mites are MORE than enough for me!

That being said, at least you lot with aphids can actually see what you're up against... :P

Back