Alo!

Hi! I'm from omaha, NE. This is my first year gardening (parents did for a number of years, but I never paid attention.) My roommates and I are battling it out to see who could produce the most produce. I've also got a couple strawberry plants, 4 tomato plants, a cucumber, a yellow squash, green onion, and garlic. But we'll stick to the peppers for our enjoyment. :D

Current line up:

Jalapeno
Tabasco (my baby)
(2) habanero

Seems to be going well. None were cultivated from seed however. :/ Got about 15 tabasco peppers with a couple flowers, 5 micro jalapenos and a few flowers. Just planted the habaneros about a week ago so they aren't big yet (about 4"tall.) My tabasco plant is about 14", and that seems to be the peak.

My plans are to make tabasco sauce, habanero sauce, and pickled jalapeno slices. I'll have plenty to experiment with!

I'll definitely post pics when I get home. I'm quite excited to see how things turn out. I've learned so much in my first year and think I've picked up a new hobby.

Just wanted to say hello before I start posting about.

-Drew

:welcome:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]to THP - [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Greetings from Metrolina in North Carolina! [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] …..“The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……" [/background] :flamethrower:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background] :onfire:

Welcome from SW-MO. If you have any questions about your current crop, be sure to post them in the growing section. There are some very talented growers that frequent that sub-forum. :)

Hey, Drew, :welcome: from the PacificNorthWest![background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

[/background]

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Here's my current situation:

Comments and suggestions are extremely welcome! This is my first year attempt. :)

Back