• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Alpha Hydroponics GLOG 2012

Playing catch up on the posting. Spring showed up about a month early here in Georgia and it's got us hoppin.
Started around the1st of February, but staggered the germination trays by roughly a week to 10 days each.
Started under 8 lamp T5, mixed bulbs. This grow will be "organic", meaning no salt based nutes, pesticides, herbicides.

indoorstarts2012038.jpg

******Please correct species or origin if you find error*****
All strains below are from THP members with the exception of the Datil (minorcan).

Grow List:
7 Pot Yellow chinense Trinidad
7 Pot Red chinense Trinidad
Congo Trinidad chinense Trinidad
Trinidad Congo Butch T chinense Trinidad
Caribbean Red Habanero chinense Mexico
Orange Habanero chinense Unknown
Trinidad Scorpion chinense Trinidad
White Habanero chinense Peru
Chocolate Habanero Hybrid chinense Jamaica
Red Congo chinense Guyana
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet chinense Jamaica
Hanoi Red annum Vietnam
Thai Hot frutescens Thailand
Bhut Dragon Hybrid chinense India
Red Bhut Jolokia chinense India
Bishops Hat baccatum Brazil
Datil chinense US via
Naga Morich chinense India
Aji Lemon baccatum Peru
Aji Yellow baccatum Peru
Cherry Pepper Hot annum Guyana
Cherry Pepper Mild annum Guyana Sweet Cayenne annum US Sweet Banana annum US Black Pearl annum
Cowhorn annum New Mexico
Maui Purple annum Hawaii Chinese 5 Color annum Unknown siling labuyo (bird pepper) frutescens SE Asia chiletepin
golden cayenne
morougah red

indoorstarts2012062.jpg

Overall, we hit about a 2/3rds germination rate.
J. Scotch bonnets and bishop caps bombed, only one naga morich (bummed).
Everything else started well, closer to 75% germ rate.

indoorstarts2012066.jpg

Began to pot up. 4 inch pots, media is a mix or organic soil, coco coir, perlite and vermiculite.
Once established, inoculated the seedlings with mycorrhizae and added "soil blast" from supreme growers (4-0-8).

indoorstarts2012067.jpg

Rotated pepper seedlings to grow under led, tomatoes starting under t5's.

indoorstarts2012003.jpg

indoorstarts2012007.jpg

And out to the greenhouse........

indoorstarts20120101.jpg

VERY! nice Alpha!
Not sure how I missed this...
Those plants are looking healthy as all hail! Looks like you overcame the community garden bandit problem... I can't for the life of me understand that one.
Unfortunately for me I have a weak spot in me for tequila and tacos... you hit me right in the gut with both of em' here!

WOW! I am truly jealous with your bounty. The pods are very colorful and look like something out of a seed catalog. You have outdone yourself and my meager harvest.

Someday . . . . . . . . .

Nice grow you got there . That datalii bush u got there is just amazing I wish my datalii's germinated .I guess I gotta put another batch in I got 5 seeds left hopefully I will luck out .oh that one pod pic u labeled as rouge jsb how was the heat and flavor on it . My jsb looked exactly like it but heat level was not all there how was yours .

Nice grow you got there . That datalii bush u got there is just amazing I wish my datalii's germinated .I guess I gotta put another batch in I got 5 seeds left hopefully I will luck out .oh that one pod pic u labeled as rouge jsb how was the heat and flavor on it . My jsb looked exactly like it but heat level was not all there how was yours .

Ian, just send me a sasbe if you want datil seed. Will send you what you need. The heat and flavor of the rouge jsb was kind but alas not too hot. I could actually serve it to guests without hurting them.

Regards, Chris

Back