• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Alright, I need an adult...

Alrighty, I originally started out my seedlings under an older UFO LED light and that didn't pan out so well so I switched them to a new light source which they are loving. However, the poor lighting before caused them to become a bit too leggy for my liking. I haven't had this problem before, so I am seeking a solution from you more experienced folks. They all have their first set of true leaves now and are otherwise doing well. Can I carefully repot them and bury them a little deeper like you can a little older plant?

I have done that myself a few years ago, my first year growing, I was using windowsill light and they got very leggy. I then got some T8 lights for them and they started bushing out right away. I then up potted them and buried them up the stem a bit, they all turned out fine for me but I am sure there is a limit to how high you would want to go up the stem, I do not know that limit but if I remember correctly I went up close to the set of "Not true" leaves but not to them, and I did not have any issues. That is just my experience though so I am in no way saying what worked for me is foolproof, just that it worked out well for me, and I am sure someone with much more experience than I will respond also.

An Asdult. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  uh yea, burry em an inch" and hit wit some cowbell!! (I mean A FAN!)but i'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer this.

Thank you! That is what I was hoping to hear! I was terrified to even attempt a fix since I used up quite a bit of my seed collection starting these little guys, so I don't have enough to start over.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Pull 'em up. Throw 'em out. And go to your room until you grow up and learn to grow MANLY crops like buckwheat and radishes.

Dafuq?! :rofl:

Seedlings are repotted.

Back