am i growing ghost peppers or something else

Hello all im am new to this forum approx 6 months ago i purchased online supposed ghost pepper seeds the plants were very slow to grow and finally are flowering and oroducing some fruit but it is very small almost like a habanaro i has one that was the size of a pee that turmed red with no seed because of its small size i did eat it and was surprised that it was hot as hell.My lips were knumb for half an hour do i just have immature ghosts how can i tell thanks wayne.

Without a photo, and going completely off of your decription, (pea sized, red, slow growing, hot, made lips numb, slow growing) my knee jerk reaction is Tepin, but I may as well be trying to commit suicide by firing a shot in the air with the hope it nails me in the head on the way back down...............

flash.gif
We need photos!

Well bhut's look nothing like a habanero and the size your describing does indeed sound like a Tepin which I have never had (yet), but believe they are pretty warm.

Tepins are warm but grow more like a bush in my experience. If they aren't bush like then you may have got the infamous Caribbean red habanero for Bhuts switch. Especially on EBay.

Definitely need
flash.gif

flash.gif

and more
flash.gif

yup like most others said post pic! How big is the plant itself? I have had some seedlings produce fruit to soon and the pods are minis so its still possible that its a bhut, however many bhut seed sales are fake, unfortunately :(

nicole

Hello all im am new to this forum approx 6 months ago i purchased online supposed ghost pepper seeds the plants were very slow to grow and finally are flowering and oroducing some fruit but it is very small almost like a habanaro i has one that was the size of a pee that turmed red with no seed because of its small size i did eat it and was surprised that it was hot as hell.My lips were knumb for half an hour do i just have immature ghosts how can i tell thanks wayne.
i have pics of the plants and peppers cant seem to get them to upload to the site will keep trying thanks wayne.

:welcome: to the THP :)

if u got a picture .post the question in hot pepper talk..:)
take the picture of the flower also :)

Back