• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Angry!

So, I ordered that Blairs 3am a little while ago...

The total ammount charged to my credit card was 55.29$.

The UPS guy comes today and says I owe an additional 42$ for broker C.O.D. charges... which I was made aware from UPS that this was on the senders part!

I ordered the package from Hotsauce.com

I'm totaly peeved off that I wasnt made aware of these charges before hand, so now this is just going to cost me time I dont want to spend, and probably more money, clearing this up.

Anyone have any insight on what one might do to help -move- this situation along?

I havent accepted the package, they are not going to send it back just yet, can anyone help? I'm very new to ordering off of the net, being the first time I've done so... and this is just ridiculous.

Jamie - That's certainly something that I've never ran into when shipping to Canada, but we use USPS for international shipments - so that may be the big problem. I'm sure the guys at HotSauce.com will correct the charge if you drop them a line. Tina is in Canada and may have more experience with things like this happening.

Jamie said:
So, I ordered that Blairs 3am a little while ago...

The total ammount charged to my credit card was 55.29$.

The UPS guy comes today and says I owe an additional 42$ for broker C.O.D. charges... which I was made aware from UPS that this was on the senders part!

I ordered the package from Hotsauce.com

I'm totaly peeved off that I wasnt made aware of these charges before hand, so now this is just going to cost me time I dont want to spend, and probably more money, clearing this up.

Anyone have any insight on what one might do to help -move- this situation along?

I havent accepted the package, they are not going to send it back just yet, can anyone help? I'm very new to ordering off of the net, being the first time I've done so... and this is just ridiculous.

OH MAN! That sucks!

I use GMX Worldwide as my international shipper and broker and haven't had a problem at all.

Fwiw, Jamie, I don't know why you're ordering your hot sauce from the States.

At the very least, (and I'm telling you this, even though for some unknown reason, they don't want to carry Peppermaster sauces), Chilly Chiles in Ottawa carries Blair's 3 AM... http://www.chillychiles.com/catalogue/catalogue_frame.html?submenu=catalogue (In which case, not to worry, you can get it for $35 plus about $10 for shipping via Canada Post in 48 hours.) And... if you contact the Instant Caterer in the St. Lawrence market, right there in Toronto, Stephen Chow, the owner, may even carry it (don't quote me); his contact info is on the outlets page on my site: http://peppermaster.com/index.php?page=sauces (he carries some of my sauces).

To resolve your immediate probelem though, I'd call up UPS and ask them what they think they're trying to pull. Their own rates for brokerage are listed here: http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html, and you've already paid for the sauce. It seems to me you're being overcharged. So they need to either explain and fix the charge, or, you should allow them to return the UPS shipment, crediting your account. I'm curious... What did Hotsauce.com when you contacted them?

Those are the sort of problems that someone exporting sauce to Canada doesn't need from their shipper.

T.

Tina I really didnt even think anything of it when I ordered from a US site, didnt even cross my mind... wish it had back then though.

They tried to deliver it again today, I wasnt home.. they will try 1 final time and send it back. I'm going to phone them, tell them to return it to sender, and call my credit card and have them remove the charge.

Needless to say I'm still a little peeved, I emailed hotsauce.com last night @ 4pm ... still no response.

They give no contact #'s or anything, it looked like a reputable site, maybe I've been mistaken.

What a pain this is... I just want my hotsauce.

Order Total:

Merchandise Total: $34.50
Discounts: $0.00
Sub-Total: $34.50
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $7.00
Order Total: $44.00

Gift Certificate: $0.00

Grand Total: $44.00

Hi Jamie,

I don't think that Hotsauce.com isn't a reputable site, perhaps it's a one man operation and it simply takes a while to respond to all the email they get. I don't know.

That said, though. If I were you, I'd be peeved too.

Part of the reason for me to set up US resellers is to cut the costs for my customers. And the majority of my customers (with the exception of the Toronto One of a Kind Show, SMAQ and NSDCC) are in the States. I would imagine that the majority of Hotsauce.com's customers are in the States too.

Good luck on a fast resolution; I hope you get your sauce quickly too.

T.

Gail - Please only post one of each post - you've posted this several times. From what I can gather you placed an order from a company and have recieved no response. What is the name of the company? TheHotPepper.com forum does not sell hot sauces.

Gail

Contact the company whose sauces you ordered directly. If it were me, I'd be covering for my screwed up distributor.

T

Gail, you emailed me about your order with hotsauce.com. We are not hotsauce.com, we are a forum. You need to contact them directly.

She says she heard back from them, and got them confused with us.

You know, this sort of thing would stop happening if someone perhaps sent a little note to the owner of hotsauce.com and told them to stop making it look like THEY owned this forum. Which is what one would assume by simply looking at the placement of the link to this forum on the front page of their website. :silenced:

Just a thought.

T

Tina Brooks said:
You know, this sort of thing would stop happening if someone perhaps sent a little note to the owner of hotsauce.com and told them to stop making it look like THEY owned this forum. Which is what one would assume by simply looking at the placement of the link to this forum on the front page of their website. :silenced:

Just a thought.

T
Hey, now don't do that! I think it's great they use us as their forum. They have our permission to do this.

I double checked the site. It's the same guy I fussed about last year. I sent him links to this forum when we were downing him. No answer, no response, nada. It's like our business doesn't matter to him.
As any other member here will say, it might be the web, but we need to know some humans are out there too. " The personal touch matters here too".

Back