• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Annie's 2014 Glog: FINAL Grow List before new 2014 glog

Began 2013 yesterday morning. 12 hour soak seed soak in potassium nitrate and H202 (diluted) in ice trays. Kept warm on heat mats. Mix is Promix BX with a lot of perlite added. Pre-moistened, then put in 72 cell 6 pack flats and bottom watered on heat mat to fully wet mix with Actinovate, kelp, Biotamax--a sliver--then drained, aerated with fork, then back to mats to await seeds. Lost a few seeds as I'm handier with turkey baster (obviously from seeds left in bulb when clean-up) when it's used for Q or turkey, but have plenty of viable seeds. Trying to prevent damping off. Seeds from Chris, Jamie (Romy6), Ed, Judy (pepperlover.com), peppergal, peppermania, Baker Creek, Trade Winds, Tomato Grower's Supply, My Patriot Supply . . . and my own saved. Now to prevent damping off. Have ordered Pyrethrin to go with Actinovate, lots of fans, soil temps were 85 this morning when wood stove was dying, restoked, back up to 90F, soil temps (sorry, no pic), as while carrying in wood in our ice and snow/ice storm yesterday morning, I fell. Sorta fell. Falling would have hurt less: why do we try to stop the inevitable? This is my first grow of superhots, so please, any suggestions?! Lemme know, please. Right now the domes are on again, but will be slanting them off in a couple days, if not sooner, and always, flats get 20 minutes fresh air in morning. (Freezing but fresh air <grin>.)

Anns2013Glogsuperhotsinaflat.jpg

Anns2013Glogsuperhot2.jpg

Anns2013Glogfanonflats.jpg

Lights and mylar box--other side of shelving unit is large white sheet (and I know the mylar is crinkled). Also there's some diluted Clorox gunk am gonna get off, but for now, I like the idea of diluted Clorox gunk.
Anns2013Gloggrowlights.jpg

Anns2013Gloglightsmylarupclose.jpg

Other side lights: fans

Anns2013Gloglightswithfans.jpg

Thanks to so many helpful members here. I hope these seeds hook, live long, prosper, aka do not damp-off. Updates, I hope :rolleyes:. Peace, Annie

Wow, Annie, always sumptin' crazy going on at your place!  
Wish I could be there to help you knock down those trees; I
love using a chain saw!  Something about the feeling of power
ya get when you wield one of those things!

Be careful and stay safe, girl, we don't want a kickback takin'
out one of our favorite forum members!

Big doin's. 

Can't wait for the video. You are saving that hickory for the smoker, aren't you?

80 x 150 = 20 rows (4' on center) x 60 plants (30" on center) =1200 pepper plants 

But I reckon you'll grow a few tomatoes too, won't you? :D

Devv said:
Annie, that Walnut looks like it's kind of in the ditch. Why not just cut it flush?

Oh, it's not in the ditch. Gonna notch it more to SE, throw some plywood across the ditch to give me 45° to get out of way after back cut. My biggest concern and yeah, have hard-hat, but with a 45 get-away to NW and do it quick, are possibly loose limbs not far up. Hope vibration of saw doesn't mess with them.
PaulG said:
Wow, Annie, always sumptin' crazy going on at your place!  
Wish I could be there to help you knock down those trees; I
love using a chain saw!  Something about the feeling of power
ya get when you wield one of those things!

Be careful and stay safe, girl, we don't want a kickback takin'
out one of our favorite forum members!

I'll be careful, Paul. While csaws may feel powerful (and they are) I'm super-careful, kevlar chaps, eye-wear--but mostly damnit, THINK! I'm far less experienced than ET but he'll be there with me; they have a ton of land and he sells firewood but knows because he's experienced, he's more likely to get hurt. He's methodical because he knows the odds, since he cuts so much, greater likelihood he'll have a mind-fart and kill himself. Nothing nonchalant about the most innocuous looking tree.

JJJessee said:
Big doin's. 

Can't wait for the video. You are saving that hickory for the smoker, aren't you?

80 x 150 = 20 rows (4' on center) x 60 plants (30" on center) =1200 pepper plants 

But I reckon you'll grow a few tomatoes too, won't you? :D

Hickory and pecan for smoker, hon. Not all of it, but whatever's limbed out. Cut it up into pucks, other smaller pieces that'll fit WSM.

Oh yeah, with basically two gardens, have space for corn, beans, squash trinity in the existing garden (but corn is a weird bet around here) or has been for my brother; bless his heart, not heard of "thinning" yet. Hmm. Which gives me the other garden for peppers and few rows tomatoes with some eggplant, keeping nightshades as "happy family." I could change my mind on corn. Just because have more space, still to use it efficiently! ;)

Woot what a list on your post #1492, totally awesome muchacha … I can’t wait to see da new grow!!!!

I too enjoy running my chain saw but don’t like all the pruning the canes leave behind, last time one passed near it gave all da oaks a great hair cut but the amount of work was unreal. Good luck with da trees …

My apologies on “like dis,” as I started catching up on your glog I ran out again … don’t understand I barely used any dis morning = /  Hope to hab some later and as Arnie said “I’ll be back” :D

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

209rc.jpg

Hope you've been habb'in an awesome weekend = )

Back