Another Aussie Hot Head!

billyboy said:
Nagas1Dec2007a.jpg

This plant is approx 4 foot high by 4 foot wide & loaded with nasty looking pods! Of the 8 plants that I started with inside, 5 are now outside in my netted naga house & 3 are under 2 by 400watt lamps one a HPS sontagro & the other a MH Retro.
Damn... mine are just babies, I need to get some more MHs ASAP.

They look great Billyboy. My first Naga has just ripened but it's tiny compared to yours. I also was given the seeds by Tony. I didn't think I'd get any ripe fruit this year though as I started them late in the season and the weather hasn't helped (England) so I'm quite happy with my baby one.

Hi rainbowberry:) the Nagas in the photos are my hydro Nagas, grown in coco coir under a drip fed system under 16 hours of light per day where I only feed for the first 14 hours @ each hour of lights on where Im looking for 10 to 20 percent runoff each day i.e.what runs to waste.

Realistically I think one of these Naga plants under one 400watt light is ideal, anymore & its going to get overcrowed!

Central Coast NSW

Gday,

Im from wyong nsw currently an avid collector of chilli sauces. I have 50+ bottles. Im addicted. Really interested in buying some Naga based sauces but its hard to find decent hot sauce here hopefully you guys can help :)

Also interested in purchasing dried chili eg Naga / Habs etc.

If anyone can point me in the direction of an Australian website where I can buy this stuff from I would be most grateful. Currently I heavily rely on fireworksfoods.

G'day Volrathy, welcome to THP. The Naga's are only just turning up in Oz now, shouldn't be too long before some local sauces start appearing.
Can't be fast enough though :onfire:

Volrathy said:
As long as its not Byron Bay chili id get some. Tastes like maggots that sauce does worst sauce ive ever tried. http://www.thechillifactory.com/ is great though

Hehe - have a read of the review I did on BB chilli co's sauce LINK HERE

The chillifactory's Turbo-Supercharge Hab paste is hard to beat. Have you tried 'Ol man stillmanz' collection? (a member here on THP) and maker of some of the best local sauce.

Did you happen to get to the Byron Bay Chilli Festival in Sept.?

Im targetting sawtel next year as my first chili festival.

Yeah I seen his stuff thinking about putting in an order soon. (after i get some naga snakebite)

at least someone agrees about byron bay chili co ive tried them all utter dross.. ..

chilifactory is best local stuff ive found.
morning after burn goes well on pork chops / chicken.
Turbo charge is great for stir frys.
Fiery frillneck hiss is abit "weird" I think its the smoke flavour but its good as a marinade on things like shish kebabs and stuff

crazy bull is great as well http://www.crazybull.com.au/

imported stuff. . .
ive been hitting jim beam hot sauce hard recently (this is my main sauce at the moment)
big fan of mega death for pain (but tastes like battery acid).
daves stuff for flavour.
da bomb for stuff I want 1 drop of extra hurt in.
pain 100% when mixed with fried rice ftw.
nandos xtra hot is a classic and goes with everything.
franks is good on chicken

Like i think ive tried every hab as far as sauce goes need to hti some naga soon.

Volrathy Mate have you tried any Redback chilli co's stuff I bet you'd like it. He's also got a festival 16 th 17th February at his farm in Jindivick
Everyone loves chilli factory its good stuff too, His stuff is everywhere these days... Have you ever met Marcell he's good value.

Back