Another Chilli ID Thread :)

Hi All,

So it turns out that the permanent makers used to label my plants were not so permanent... So I need some help...

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

IMG_0785.JPG

Not bad for a Melbourne harvest :)
IMG_0789.JPG

Thanks in advance!

One thing about all the "what do I have" threads: Please post your grow list! It's way easier to play dot to dot than it is to pick what from naught!

Yep good point! Grow list:
- butch t
- fatalii
- chocolate fatalii
- white bhut
- purple bhut
- serrano
- orange hab
- chocolate hab
- red hab
- Chilean sweet
- goats weed
- yatsufusa
- Hungarian hot wax
- black jalapeño
- jalapeño
- 7 pod
- rocoto
- purple tiger
- super chilli
- Bolivian rainbow
- Peter pepper

Yep good point! Grow list:
- butch t
- fatalii
- chocolate fatalii
- white bhut
- purple bhut
- serrano
- orange hab
- chocolate hab
- red hab
- Chilean sweet
- goats weed
- yatsufusa
- Hungarian hot wax
- black jalapeño
- jalapeño
- 7 pod
- rocoto
- purple tiger
- super chilli
- Bolivian rainbow
- Peter pepper

How many of these do you still have identified?
(Obviously none of the pics look like serranos, chocolate habs, etc)

And to me, the top one looks more red than orange. There's a fairly bright light on it that may change the hue a tad.

I would say that was the red hab, with the second one being an orange. And I agree with Patrick about the liklihood of the third one being a 7.

All labels have been wiped clean :( we've had an interesting summer weather wise. The top chilli is red (iPhone flash is a little too good sometimes). It's quite wrinkled and does not look like the other Habs I have.

I can identify my fatalii; Habs; bhuts; Serrano; jalapeño; Hungarian hot wax; purple tiger; Bolivian rainbow. I have about 50 plants all in pots. Some of the seeds I used were trades. I suspect even if the were all still labelled, some of them would not be what they supposed to be. I only buy seeds from 2 sources (hippy seed and chilli seed bank).

Have you tasted any of them, sweet or hot, and how hot? For some reason I’m thinking that middle one is a sweet pepper, and I haven’t grown the Chilean sweet to know what it is. I’d agree that the 1[sup]st[/sup] is a red hab (possible a mutated chocolate hab), the 3[sup]rd[/sup] either the Butch T or 7 pod.

Back