• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

another flower drop thread :)

So, learning from here i know flower drop isn't anything to worry about, i kind of expected to see it when my plants started. However, all if my flowers dropped within two days on all my plants. This can't be normal right? All at once? I don't have a single flower left and no hints if new ones coming in, even the pre-flower buds dropped. The days have been getting pretty hot here in south Florida, and I've turned to start giving them more shade during the day and just catching the last 2-3 hours of sun now. Could i have just overheated them for a day or so? I didn't panic at first, but now I'm starting to worry as it's been a few days and i see no signs of incoming flowers. Am i missing something? Was it just the heat? And will i see more?

it's rained 5 days in a row here so your plants probably dropped flowers just from overwatering

2-3 hours of evening sun isn't enough to make your plant want to flower... I have a lot of plants getting 12 hours of sun that are flowering/forming pods already. You should give them as much sun as they can handle without getting burnt.

your dirt might have too much nitrogen in it

you should give your plants blackstrap molasses, you can get literally everything you need from this place https://plus.google.com/100328568301526092374/about?gl=us&hl=en they sell a gallon of botanicare strapped for around $30...if you're making compost tea with blackstrap molasses you don't need to give them extra but it definitely helps with flowering so if you don't have any then go get some.

Time for the Willard list

1. Day temp too high >95F2. Night temp too low <65F3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer4. Too much water5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).8. Lack of pollinating insects.9. Size of pot10. Too much mineral in feedwater.11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

With the mention of the rain i keep them from getting soaked by it. But the other day they for pounded with a heavy rain for a good 15 before i woke up and went rain dancing to get them inside. Maybe they for overly watered then. I did give them fert (about half dose of mg and half dose of fish emulsion) it's what I've been doing the whole time, maybe i should cut back while flowering?

I've put them back in the sun, I'll dry them or and not fert for a bit see if that helps. I was just wondering if there was something else it could have been. Plants still look perfectly healthy

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot 
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

Back