=[ Another GM Experimental Thread ]=

I just let my full-wacky flow freely in an email to a owner/brewer of a much-hyped brewery ...

Looking forward to seeing what kind of response it gets ...

It could garner a great response, or a not-so-great response ... or no response ... depending on how it's received ...

wheebz said:
US05 at like 60 degrees makes baller kolsches

I remember you posting that to HTH ...

In other news, I received a reply to the previously mentioned email ...

Got a pointer towards some information, and an acknowledgement of my craziness - with encouragement to continue thinking outside the box.

Most of it had to do with real brewery conditions - over-pressure to keep dry-hop flavor in, oxygen minimization, and water adjustments for hop flavor ...

They are actually things I *can* do, but haven't ... in the end, not so exciting ...

Apparently wheebz thought it was going to my NEIPA, because I woke up to and email that says:

Have you ever seen a N.E. IPA? You realize you have absolutely zero characteristics of an NE IPA in your grain bill right? Other than the oats?

I can only imagine (and delight) in what his disapproval probably looked like seeing that 1st thing in the morning ...

It's an Imperial Red Ale, tho ...

Maybe I'll change the name from the rather tasteless Amber Alert, to Red Zinger and hit 'em with some polyphenols ...

cel-000027.png

IPA to brew. All my legs are filled with dark stuff and the golden stout lol. Need some hops available.
I still have to research the Neipa. Not real motivated for that one.

Ozzy2001 said:
IPA to brew. All my legs are filled with dark stuff and the golden stout lol. Need some hops available.
I still have to research the Neipa. Not real motivated for that one.

mmmm ... juicy! ... how I like my IPA's, anyways, LOL ...

Back