• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Another H202 Q

I have found somebody selling H202 on ebay and its 35% and half the price of the hydro shop. Hydro shop stuff is 17.5%. So it works out 1/4 of the price due to being double strength and half the cost.

Now I sent him a message for him to confirm that it is food grade and contains no stabilisers like lab grade does. He has confirmed this but the users on a pot forum (best place for hydro info) think I still can't use it.

Does anybody use food grade H202 in hydro here?

link My link

Cheers guys. They were most likely advising me not to as pot is an expensive plant and I don't bother telling them what I grow. Although its safe to use, its probably not the norm for paranoid potheads to use any products that didn't come from the grow shop.

Chris

Really, the only place I've been able to find 35% h202 is at a grow shop.
Just be aware of the many pros and cons to using peroxide

Its an oxidizer and can kill anything living including beneficial microbes and it can even break down nutrient bonds. Good for cleaning and/or treating sick plants or pre-treating funky water, but probably not really that good at providing oxygen to the water supply and roots as often discussed
Also be careful with the 35% stuff, it is strong and should be treated with proper caution

Thanks again.

I have 17.5% stuff and got some on my hands. That bleached them for a while!

I run it once a week (on tank change out day)with rain water to just keep things clean. I believe this is especially important due to my higher than recommended tank temperatures and stray plant material entering the reservoirs sometimes. Currently using the 17.5% at 0.5ml per litre.

I will be careful :twisted:

You know, the amount of free oxygen ions produced by H2O2 after it's done doing its thing is next to nil.
It's a good disinfectant that has no residual effects.

Back